Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unfair Infraction

Options
  • 08-08-2012 3:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 40

Hi,
    Recently got an Red Card infraction from Mod GreenBo for my post on the following thread
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056711625&page=5

I recieved no prior warning. The infraction is unfair as I was simply encouraging constructive debate of the thread topic, despite receiving abuse. I believe the mod was being biased as GreenBo actually thanked a post that aimed insult at me as can be seen here,

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056711625&page=4

and seemed to thank posters who were debating/insuting me. Also the infraction was only given after he himself engaged directly in the debate and I disagreed with him.

If the post in question actually warranted an infraction, it should've been issued when said post was posted. Not simply after I disagree with him.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you discussed this infraction with the mod in question, as required (and set out as the first step in the "what to do if you've been banned box above) before starting a thread here?

Thanks

Beasty

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 leedslunatic

I have,
    The mod simply replied "by all means take it further", then told me he "won't be entertaining my messages". I don't know how to publish links to these messages, I'm sure mods have access to them?

I have tried politely reasononing with him, but he refuses to listen. If I deserved the infraction then fair enough, however I don't feel it is appropriate that a mod should just hand them out because he is not in agreement with a poster.

Thanks,
    Richie

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You received the infraction for the following abusive comment towards another poster
    You really are thick aren't you?
    It's a basic rule of Boards that you attack the post, not the poster, and that posts abusing other users will not be tolerated. I really cannot see any basis for overturning this infraction.

If you believe there were other posts in the thread that were abusive towards you, this is not relevant to the infraction in hand. You should report any such posts and leave the mods to deal with them - do not respond in-thread.

You stated above:
    If I deserved the infraction then fair enough, however I don't feel it is appropriate that a mod should just hand them out because he is not in agreement with a poster.
    In this case the Mod did not hand it out because he disagreed with you. He handed it outt because your comments were abusive towards another user

In terms of your PM exchange with the Mod, please note that Mods an CMods cannot access Private Messages. If there is anything you believe will help resolve the issue it is permitted to post them here. However nothing in your PM exchange can change the fact you received your infraction for contravening a basic Boards rule

If you feel there is anything in the PMs that warrants furrther action you can report them and an Admin will then review the reported PM. However I do not see that having any relevance to this dispute

Ok, point taken. Thats fair enough.
    One further question? Are mods permitted to thank posts that aim abuse at a poster?

One further question? Are mods permitted to thank posts that aim abuse at a poster?
    This forum is for disputing infractions and bans, not for discussing Mod actions. If you have a concern about a particular Mod's actions, discuss it via PM with the Mod in question or the relevant CMod(s) (which in this case would be me or Black Swan)

If you accept the infraction was warranted, can you please confirm this dispute thread can now be marked as resolved?

Thanks

Beasty

• Advertisement

Yea, sure. Resolved
    Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement