Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NICOCIG

Options
  • 08-08-2012 3:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭

Hi Guys.

Just noticed this sub forum now. I have been using these now for 3 weeks now. The battery seems to be quite sh1t...The 3 packs of cartomisers are €8.99.

Is this particular brand the right one for me price wise? I am using the 16mg ones and find them quite good but im sure there is a cheaper and better one...any help or advice my way would be great.

Thanks

Alan

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

there are much better options out there, with longer battery life and much cheaper to refill.

Does the kit have to "look like a cigarette" or would you be willing to try another style?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭giant_midget

eeloe wrote: »
    there are much better options out there, with longer battery life and much cheaper to refill.

Does the kit have to "look like a cigarette" or would you be willing to try another style?

thanks a lot for the reply, Yes it looks like an oversized smoke. I don't really care about if it looks like a cigarette. I smoked rollies so one that looks like that :pac: What would you suggest as another option?

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭bernardamaac.

thanks a lot for the reply, Yes it looks like an oversized smoke. I don't really care about if it looks like a cigarette. I smoked rollies so one that looks like that :pac: What would you suggest as another option?

Cheers

Ok if your looking for something that looks like a cigarette from what i seen for beginners is the green smoke around $60 and the zero cig $30.Both close to each other.Review :
    then theres one's that dont look like cigarette's like biansi imist http://www.irishvapers.ie/imist/157-biansi-imist-ego-system.htm or what i use the ego - t http://www.thebestshop.eu/shop/joye-ego-t/22-joye-ego-t-starter-kit.html both very similiar in price and good for a beginner. :)

(P.S)im not advertising for anyone just site's that come to mind.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Hi giant_midget I was thinking of starting on Nicocig and just wanted to know how you are getting with it or did you change to something else. I know nothing about these things or what one to go for so any tips or advice would be great.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,640 ✭✭✭Pushtrak

fergal.b wrote: »
    Hi giant_midget I was thinking of starting on Nicocig and just wanted to know how you are getting with it or did you change to something else. I know nothing about these things or what one to go for so any tips or advice would be great.
    Thanks.

You might want to PM them. They posted some time back, and the odds of them stumbling across this thread again seem low to me.

Anyway, generally, people here recommend going for a proper kit rather than cigalikes for good battery and a better vaping experience in general. The common thing I see new people to vaping being recommended is this one. They seem to be out of stock. If it is provided by another seller, I'm not sure. It isn't one I've personally used.

The one I use is this one. The site does them in black, green or silver. They have 1100 mAh or 900 mAh. I linked the 1100 which is the one I use.

If you aren't sure about which way to go, there will be a vapemeet on saturday in the Silver Granite. Thread here. Lots of us there, and obviously we'll all have our e-cig kits with us.

• Advertisement

Thanks.

Hey

I have been off the smokes since July and was using the nicocig up until last week as it happens! I found the Nococig ok...After a few months i grew tired of the taste off them so opted to buy the Nicocig menthol cartomisers.

Then last friday i was up in the Omni in santry and there is a crowd there called Smoke Green and their version seems to be superior to the Nicocig (and you get 5 cartomisers for €9 as opposed to 3 for €9 with Nicocig) The Nicocig stand in Pavillions in Swords is very erratic with timekeeping - This annoyed me having to wait around until the person came back to the stall, Always seemed to be a "back in 15 mins" sign up..

I'm happy with the Green Smoke ones as i do like the menthol taste and the battery and cartomisers seem to be getting more mileage than the Nicocig...

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 6,327 Mod ✭✭✭✭fergal.b

Thanks for the reply, I heard that McCabes pharmacy sell them in the pavilions so I thought there would be no problem getting refills I didn't think it was just a stand. I like the look of the black and chrome ones like the kanger :D but the wife is also going to give it a go and likes the look of the nicocig and the fact that you get two in the starter pack. Maybe I'll start on them and see how they go :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

This would probably be the only e-cig i'd think of getting if i was into the Lookalike market.I'm always weary of people starting with the likes of smokegreen etc,and having to rely on their cartridges.

Thanks for the reply, I heard that McCabes pharmacy sell them in the pavilions so I thought there would be no problem getting refills I didn't think it was just a stand. I like the look of the black and chrome ones like the kanger :D but the wife is also going to give it a go and likes the look of the nicocig and the fact that you get two in the starter pack. Maybe I'll start on them and see how they go :)

Don't be fooled by a "starter pack" just buy the usb charger and a battery and some cartomisers. No need to buy a plug, spare battery etc. I have it plugged in my car and also in work at my desk.

pmcmahon wrote: »
    This would probably be the only e-cig i'd think of getting if i was into the Lookalike market.I'm always weary of people starting with the likes of smokegreen etc,and having to rely on their cartridges.

What is yourn opinion on the likes of Smoke-green? I find them grand but then i know nothing about what else is out there in regards to doing my own refills with liquid etc..I do love the menthol taste

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

What is yourn opinion on the likes of Smoke-green? I find them grand but then i know nothing about what else is out there in regards to doing my own refills with liquid etc..I do love the menthol taste

SmokeGreen batteries will not fit any other cart I tried with other cigalike batteries so your choice of flavours is limited to their range. And I found the batteries only performed well for less than 2 months before giving problems (not taking full charge, having to un screw cart to stop battery firing.

The Innokin AIO is a great looking PCC but the batteries are not very good or the carts, I now use and would recommend the very first batteries I ever bought when I started vaping (Joytech 510, 180 mAh) and use the Vision Nano clearo’s with them, they are a brilliant little tank especially made to fit 510 batteries and perform brilliantly for anybody who is starting out or in my case who doesn’t want to risk his mods going out for an evening, I take a fully charged Innokin PCC and 2 fully charged 510 batteries one for use and one in the PCC and a bottle of juice and it works great all night out and small enough to hide in your hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭illicit007

pmcmahon wrote: »

I can just repeat what the lads are saying. Don't buy those brands as they make you rely on using their own brand of cartridges (cartomisers) because they have non-standard screw fittings. The standardised screw fitting is called a 510 connection. The innokin AIO kit is the best value for money in a cig like style.

The only good thing about smoke green etc is that it opens the world of ecigs up to people - like it did to me actually! :) But then you end up wanting more... That's when you stumble across our little sub forum and that's where the madness begins! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 516 ✭✭✭kiffy

illicit007 wrote: »
    I can just repeat what the lads are saying. Don't buy those brands as they make you rely on using their own brand of cartridges (cartomisers) because they have non-standard screw fittings. The standardised screw fitting is called a 510 connection. The innokin AIO kit is the best value for money in a cig like style.

The only good thing about smoke green etc is that it opens the world of ecigs up to people - like it did to me actually! :) But then you end up wanting more... That's when you stumble across our little sub forum and that's where the madness begins! :)
    As Illicit says they are good to get you off the fags, but after a while leave you with a feeling that there must be something a better out there, thats the way I felt after 6 weeks on smoke green e-cigs, then welcome to the world of mods (for a lot of folks) and keep your bank account well topped up a there's a ton of stuff to choose from.

BTW just ordered my "Innokin ITaste MVP - Titanium Blue. from the UK. :)

Well I'm just back from the pavilions with my nicocig and sitting here at the computer in the sitting room where I never smoked puffing away :D all very strange. I'm a bit of a gadgets man but will give this a chance to get me off the fags before I move on and pimp my e-cig :D
    Thanks for the help,
    yours hopefully off the fags soon.
    Fergal.b.

Well I lasted just over a week on the nicocig and went through quite a few of the refills "not cheep" plus as said the battery life is crap :( So now I'm the proud owner of one of the €30 T2 starter pack and a few extra juices, so far so good on the RY-C10 but why did I think I would like the vanilla custard :eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

leave the vanilla custard somewhere cool and dark for a week or two then go back to it
    it's made fresh or near enough so the flavours might need time to blend together properly

cool and dark like a cupboard or drawer, not in a box in the fridge

Well I lasted just over a week on the nicocig and went through quite a few of the refills "not cheep" plus as said the battery life is crap :( So now I'm the proud owner of one of the €30 T2 starter pack and a few extra juices, so far so good on the RY-C10 but why did I think I would like the vanilla custard :eek:

Hi Fergal - when you get a moment could you post up a link to the kit you got? the unit itself and the refills. Might be something i need to look at as im kind of sick of the green smoke thingy already

Hi Fergal - when you get a moment could you post up a link to the kit you got? the unit itself and the refills. Might be something i need to look at as im kind of sick of the green smoke thingy already

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/valuekit.htm

this one

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/t2replacelong.htm

replacement heads for the kanger tanks
    you just push them in, or screw them in or something. i forget. it's simple anyway. a head should last you the guts of a week, maybe more.

Yep thats the one, I also got the discount for putting in the code word "boards":D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,627 ✭✭✭iba

Hi Guys,

Im brand new to this and was looking at the Nicogig over in the Blanchardstown Shopping Center today. But reading this forum it seems its not recommended coz of poor battery life and cost of stubs.

So then I read about Kanger Value Kit

Then Kanger Twist:

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kangtwist.htm

and also Innokin:

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/aio.htm

So bit confused what to get.

Also is this e-smokerireland website the best place to buy?

Thanks

• Advertisement

e-smoke are the only place afaik with the kanger twist kit, which is what most people reccomend. most of the irish sites are reputable and worth looking at for juice and spares

the innokin kit is good for a cigalike. the flavour won't be as good as the kanger value or kanger twist, the hit won't be as good and the vapour won't be as good
    it is more portable though, the portable charging case does look kinda cool. it's a bit more faff to refill the cartomisers you use with the innokin as they have a filler material inside which you have to slowly drop into (carefully), wait until it soaks up a bit then drip more.. until all the filler is wet whereas with the kangers.. you unscrew, pour in liquid in one go, screw base back on. done.

the kangers probably are the better of those 3 kits, but if you want the more compact unit the innokin will likely be fine (haven't used it, but i've heard good things)

twist v value kit.. if you can deal with the length of the device, go for the twist. now it will be ****ing long but it'll give better flavour, more vapour and more of a hit as well plus you can dial the voltage up/down to suit your mood/juice.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

iba wrote: »
    Hi Guys,

Im brand new to this and was looking at the Nicogig over in the Blanchardstown Shopping Center today. But reading this forum it seems its not recommended coz of poor battery life and cost of stubs.

So then I read about Kanger Value Kit

Then Kanger Twist:

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/kangtwist.htm

and also Innokin:

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/aio.htm

So bit confused what to get.

Also is this e-smokerireland website the best place to buy?

Thanks
    First set has batteries that limit you to buying low resistance (LR) atomisers (the juice vapourising part).
    Second set has a dial on the bottom that allows you to set the heat how you like it depending on which atomiser is attached.
    Third set you need to have LR Boge cartomisers or the LR KR510 clearomiser as they're cig-a-like sized, and the batteries for the AIO are cig-sized.

ESI aren't the only good vendor, but they throw a sample pack of 5 of their delicious juices in with the Kanger sets, so they win out there.

Sir and Grindle,

Thank you very much for your detailed replies; you have both been very helpful.

So Ill go for the Kanger Twist.

What is the difference in T1 and T2, is that the strength? I smoke Golden Virginia Tobacco now, so which would should I choose and also which battery?

Thanks

Golden virginia :eek: you will need a car battery :D

Sorry I cant help much I'm only a beginner.

Golden virginia :eek: you will need a car battery :D

Sorry I cant help much I'm only a beginner.

lol :)

900mah would do the job battery wise. enough for a day at least unless you're sucking on it every ten seconds

juices are always going to be the trickiest bit. you might end up buying a few 10ml bottles a week until you find a few juices yuou really like and can settle on

and even then when your tastebuds come back to life after not smoking for a while, you might find juices that you originally didn't like you now love

have a look through the wingnuts premium juices, they're the range you get to pick 5 from with the kit and just see what takes your fancy.

e-smoke also haev a range called house of liquid, pick up some el toro cigarillos naturales if they have it in 10ml bottle. made with organic tobacco leaves so it's a very authentic tobacco vape..

strengthwise you're probably best off going for 18mg to stat off with.

http://www.ezsmoke.ie/juice-c-48_71.html

if you fancy dropping a couple of quid on some other juices at the start, check out t-juice on ezsmoke. uksmokes/usa reds are excellent tobacco flavours, high voltage is an incredible cherry menthol (nothing at all like menthol cigarettes. i hated them, love this stuff) and cubana is a very good cigarish flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭grindle

iba wrote: »
    Sir and Grindle,

Thank you very much for your detailed replies; you have both been very helpful.

So Ill go for the Kanger Twist.

What is the difference in T1 and T2, is that the strength? I smoke Golden Virginia Tobacco now, so which would should I choose and also which battery?

Thanks

T1 and T3? When it asks for the clearomiser type? Do you mean T2 and T3?

T2=warm, less flavourful, needs tipping or swishing to wet the wicks and feed the juice.
    T3=much cooler due to the coil being at the bottom, more flavourful and although it doesn't need tipping to wet the wicks, it's more prone to a drip-leak.

For a Virginian tobacco, you need El Toro Virginia Prime in your life. Delicious.
    Is made by steeping leaves in juice, so the flavour is exquisite but it can mow it's way through an atty coil pretty quickly.
    Cigarillos and Puros Naturales are great too.
    You can't have those juices included in the sample pack though, only the Wingnut's Premium range. Try a range different types of flavours, from tobacco-y ones like RY4 and Honeywood Tobacco (honeywood's nicer) to fruity ones and minty ones. Vampire Kiss is very popular, as is the ohmyfuçkingodthisisdelicious Swedish Fish.

grindle wrote: »
    T1 and T3? When it asks for the clearomiser type? Do you mean T2 and T3?

T2=warm, less flavourful, needs tipping or swishing to wet the wicks and feed the juice.
    T3=much cooler due to the coil being at the bottom, more flavourful and although it doesn't need tipping to wet the wicks, it's more prone to a drip-leak.

For a Virginian tobacco, you need El Toro Virginia Prime in your life. Delicious.
    Is made by steeping leaves in juice, so the flavour is exquisite but it can mow it's way through an atty coil pretty quickly.
    Cigarillos and Puros Naturales are great too.
    You can't have those juices included in the sample pack though, only the Wingnut's Premium range. Try a range different types of flavours, from tobacco-y ones like RY4 and Honeywood Tobacco (honeywood's nicer) to fruity ones and minty ones. Vampire Kiss is very popular, as is the ohmyfuçkingodthisisdelicious Swedish Fish.

Hi,

Yes you are right, i should have written T2 and T3.

Thanks for all the info BTW, much appreciated.

So I should get the 900mah battery, but Im still unsure whether I should go for the T2 or T3.

In your opinion, would I be better off going for the T3?

Thank you

Sorry guys, another question:

On the El Toro Virginia Prime 60ml and the El Toro Cigarillos Naturales, what would you recommend I select, 11mg or 18mg?

Also, how long does a 60ml last for?

For the 5 that come with the kit Im thinking of:

1)Honey wood tobacco;
    2)Swedish Fish;
    3)vampire Kiss;
    4)Virgina Fire Cured Tobacco; and
    5)The Anto mix

Any thoughts on the above?

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 689 ✭✭✭sept09baby

They look like a good mix of juices.

I'd get about 3 weeks out of 60mls but it all depends on usage - everyone is different. I'd start off on the 18mg based on what you were smoking. If it's too strong, you just ease up on how often you take a drag from it.

Advertisement