Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fleadh Ceoil 2012

Options
  • 08-08-2012 3:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

I plan on heading up to Cavan next weekend and staying for a night or 2. But is it actually on in Cavan town or Belturbet? I cant seem to find the exact location anywhere? My uncle has a boat in berthed in belturbet but we arent sure now if its on there or cavan?

any help appreciated!

thanks
    Neil

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Futurecrook

It's in Cavan town. Same location as the last two years. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Yep, what Futurecrook said. Look forward to more ridiculously busy streets full of drunken teenagers (including me!)

There's a map of the venues here, if you're driving then Belturbet should be easy enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

Grand thanks. heading down on friday, bringing a boat down and gonna berth in belturbet. We hear there is shuttle buses running so thats grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭mariannewims

Sorry to hijack your thread, hope you don't mind!

I've never been to the Cavan fleadh before but am planning to head up Sunday, just a day trip from Dublin as I understand accommodation anywhere near is impossible to come by.
    Do Bus Eireann still serve the town? I'd imagine most streets will be closed off so just checking I can still get a bus up and back.
    Also, is there any chance of getting a bite to eat in a cafe of restaurant or with the crowds would a chip van dinner be more likely?!

Thanks all,
    M.

• Registered Users Posts: 42 rollout

There are a few streets closed off but Farnham St. where the bus station is located is open. The 109 goes from Dublin to Cavan.

There are plenty of restaurants open in town and lots of burger joints around. There are also a lot of food trucks doing different kinds of food eg Argentinians steaks, German sausages etc

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭mariannewims

Thanks so much for your reply, that's very helpful. Much appreciated :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭neil_hosey

that was brilliant :)

Advertisement