Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running/Jogging leads

• 08-08-2012 3:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭

Afternoon all,

Does anyone have any recommendations for a lead/belt that i can use while out jogging with my 2 dogs? I want to get back into the jogging again and haven't seen any leads available in a bricks n mortar store for running.

Any of the ones online seem to only cater for one dog, not two.....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

My recommendation are theys guys, I'v bought from them before.

http://www.countryhounds.ie/Product.aspx?ProductID=166&CategoryID=14

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I've been very curious about this for ages. I've started working out, and would love to get to the jogging stage, but do dogs need to be trained to jog with one of these, or does it just facilitate you both running?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,865 ✭✭✭Mrs Garth Brooks

I use a training lead that can wrap around your waist. So it leaves your hands and arms free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Best way to do it, is to get a padded belt, you can get them from various sites, countryhounds being one, snowpawstore another, and there are some FB pages - Willows Leads is a good one, Kissi another. Then a bungee lead that attachs to the belt, leaving your hands free. If you want to do canicross, the sport of a dog running in front of you, then the dog should wear a harness rather than a collar (I would recommend a harness anyway, even if the dog is running beside you) and there needs to be a bungee in the lead, to lessen the impact of any shock on the dog as it goes forward.

www.tailsandtrails.ie is a club that does various sports, including canicross, there is also a FB group - Canicross in Ireland and another good FB page is Mushers Exchange, where people buy and sell second hand gear, including for running and will give recommendations of equipment they have used.

People do run with more than one dog, but would have two leads, if you're using a belt with a caribiner, thats not an issue, just attach both leads. You can run with the dogs wearing a neckline if you like, attached between their two collars, to keep them reasonably close together. I think that Manmat do a 2 dog lead, again, snowpawstore sell their equipment, or ask on Mushers Exchange, there are other places you can get them.

Hope that helps. :)

Advertisement