Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Part time pay delays

• 08-08-2012 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Hi, has any one else experienced problems in getting paid for part time work? In the last school i worked there were problems such as - waiting months to receive payment, not being paid for the correct number of hours etc. I didn't realise it was so widespread in the school until i recently met some other mat/sick leave subs who were still waiting to be paid for last May. Can anything be done about this? And is this common practice in other schools?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,387 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

mazda2 wrote: »
    Hi, has any one else experienced problems in getting paid for part time work? In the last school i worked there were problems such as - waiting months to receive payment, not being paid for the correct number of hours etc. I didn't realise it was so widespread in the school until i recently met some other mat/sick leave subs who were still waiting to be paid for last May. Can anything be done about this? And is this common practice in other schools?

Get onto the school. When do they submit paperwork for payment? Do you fill in some sort of time sheet stating the hours you have done?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,712 ✭✭✭2011abc

Sickening carry on by schools !And ,yes,it usually is schools -although it will appear they and 'Athlone' (salary section)will blame one another .Sad reality is unscrupulous principals 'rob Peter to pay Paul ' to get books to balance and teachers are low down list of priorities in some school 'communities'.In our place part timers have been left out of pocket for 'overtime' and even 'expenses' the principal claimed they'd reimburse .Of course assertive claims for the money lead to being branded a trouble maker and not re-employed.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 mazda2

Timesheets are filled in on a weekly basis. Have been on to both school and Athlone numerous times - yes one keeps blaming the other. Another teacher was called in by management and told off for hassling the office staff. It seems that there is nothing that can be done. We contacted the union and they said if we rock the boat we risk the danger of not being rehired/ given extra hours.

Advertisement