Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Long delay on install date. fasttrack?

Options
  • 08-08-2012 4:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭

Hi there,

moved into an apartment in Cork there 4 weeks ago. I rang Digiweb, as a friend of mine lives in the area and said they were pretty decent speeds.
    Order was processed and an install date given.

13 days later, on the day of the install, (I had booked a day off work for this), I got a call from Digiweb telling me they could not continue with the install as Eircom are still working in the area and as such, they cannot offer me service there until mid October. I asked for an explanation and the agent on the phone simply told me that this is what Eircom have told them, and its nothing they can do. She said that Eircom only responded to them that morning and thats why I was given no notice for cancellation.

So, I decided I would go with eircom, since they own the lines to the apartment, and if anyone can provide it, they surely can.

So, I ordered through the online system and an installation date was given for the 18th august.

Would it be possible at all (considering the delay with Eircom and Digiweb) to get my installation date moved up a bit as quite frankly waiting 6 weeks is kind of annoying to say the least.

If an agent for Eircom could PM me if possible, I would greatly appreciate a faster install date.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Hi there,

moved into an apartment in Cork there 4 weeks ago. I rang Digiweb, as a friend of mine lives in the area and said they were pretty decent speeds.

13 days later, on the day of the install, (I had booked a day off work for this), I got a call from Digiweb telling me they could not continue with the install as Eircom are still working in the area and as such, they cannot offer me service there until mid October. I asked for an explanation and the agent on the phone simply told me that this is what Eircom have told them, and its nothing they can do. She said that Eircom only responded to them that morning and thats why I was given no notice for cancellation.

So, I decided I would go with eircom, since they own the lines to the apartment, and if anyone can provide it, they surely can.

So, I ordered through the online system and an installation date was given for the 18th august.

Would it be possible at all (considering the delay with Eircom and Digiweb) to get my installation date moved up a bit as quite frankly waiting 6 weeks is kind of annoying to say the least.

If an agent for Eircom could PM me if possible, I would greatly appreciate a faster install date.

Hi RoyalMarine

Can you PM me with the name, address and eircom order number and I will look into that for you.

Thanks, Mark

Hi there,

Hi RoyalMarine,

I got your PM with the details thanks. I see the automatic appointment date generated when you placed the order exceeds the standard time-frame for a new installation.

So I have escalated your order to see if I can get an expedited appointment / call out date.

I will let you know as soon as I have an update.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Much appreciated Mark. cheers.

Much appreciated Mark. cheers.

Hi RoyalMarine,

I escalated the issue to the operations centre for your area in Cork. They got back to me as follows.

"Due to the Bank Holiday the Appointment date of the 17/08/12 is within the guidelines for the (10 working day) time-frame for new installations.

After checking the appointment schedule the appointment slots are full up until the date. However if there are any cancellations / postponements appointments are pushed up and the customer will be advised."

Sorry I could not get back you with a faster appointment, however I will track and push for a sooner date if there is ant cancellations.

Thanks, Mark

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,824 ✭✭✭RoyalMarine

Thanks for taking the time to look into this for me, much appreciated Mark.

Since the bank holiday weekend, I can understand the extra day etc so no problem if there's no earlier appointment.

• Advertisement

Thanks for taking the time to look into this for me, much appreciated Mark.

Since the bank holiday weekend, I can understand the extra day etc so no problem if there's no earlier appointment.

Hi RoyalMarine,

No problem, I will let you if any I get confirmation of any sooner appointments.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement