Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Specific website not working but working for UPC customers.

Options
  • 08-08-2012 4:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm trying to view this website...

http://www.bureauofmilitaryhistory.ie/

I'm being directed to a page with the following message:
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+1] Welcome to the eircom net maintaining your website page[/SIZE][/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1] [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=+1]Technical Information[/SIZE][/FONT] [/SIZE][/FONT]
    [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1] Dear Customer,

Contained on this page is a short list of instructions on how to access and maintain your new website.

General Information.

• [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]The URL for your new website is http://www.bureauofmilitaryhistory.ie/[/SIZE][/FONT]
    • [FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]The primary document for your site should be index.html, if this file does not exist the website will be unavailable.[/SIZE][/FONT]
    To Upload New Content
    [/SIZE][/FONT]...
    and so on.

I've checked on a recent thread about the site and one person has replied that they are able to view this site with UPC.

This is the link to the thread:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056720838

Do you know why this might be?

Are there other eircom customers having the same issues?

Cheers,

Wayne

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

Are you being directed to a completely different page / url ?

If not it's likely that the page has been cached somewhere from when it was under construction. Try hard refreshing your browser (Ctrl +F5) normally, clearing your browser cache itself, and lastly clearing the routers own cache (you would need to check with Eircom how to do this)

• Registered Users Posts: 428 ✭✭wayne0308

Are you being directed to a completely different page / url ?

If not it's likely that the page has been cached somewhere from when it was under construction. Try hard refreshing your browser (Ctrl +F5) normally, clearing your browser cache itself, and lastly clearing the routers own cache (you would need to check with Eircom how to do this)

Yep it's the same url, it's doesnt seem to be redirecting me anywhere. Cheers for the info, I'll check this out. A reset of the router would clear the router cache would it? I'll take a look for info on my router anyway. Thanks again, hope it works.

Edit: It worked. A reset of the router did the trick. It's a strange one. I've had my current router for years now and this had never happened. Thanks for everyones help.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Works for me on Eircom.

Advertisement