Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Living in Dublin

Options
  • 08-08-2012 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi all,
    I am soon starting a new job in Ballsbridge, its my first time living in Dublin and I would like to know what areas should I be looking in for a house? I want something within walking distance if possible and not extremely expensive. Have been looking at houses in ballsbridge and they are definately not in my price range. Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,438 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Well there are loads of buses that go through that area, but being realistic you'll probably have to move into the city to find more affordable accommodation. Are you open to sharing?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lollipop88

Yeah.. am willing to share! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58,456 ✭✭✭✭ibarelycare

What's your price range?

• Registered Users Posts: 3 lollipop88

Maximum amount roughly €150 per week, as I said I have never lived in Dublin before so am not sure on what an average house rent would be. What areas should I look in? thinking about Ranelagh but not sure?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Unfortunately rents in Dublin are rather inflated, so that budget will require a share of some kind (unless you like living in tenements). There are decent house shares in nice areas so good luck with that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement