Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New LED Outdoor Sensor Lights from Stinel

Options
  • 08-08-2012 5:09pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I just installed one of these at home:

http://www.steinel.de/en/produkte_fuer_heimwerker/sensorleuchten/sensorstrahler_led/xled_home_1

As they are 100% plastic it will never suffer from corrosion.

I have to say I am very impressed witht he light output.

At €110 they are not cheap, but they are the normal high quality that you would expect from Stinel.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭liveandnetural

+1
    using them for almost a year now mighty job

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭stevek93

Would it be possible to post a pic of these working OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭deandean

Nice, but mad money!

See photo:
    10W 3000K LED light 25 euro
    P.I.R. sensor 16 euro

i.e. about 1/3 the price of the Steinel. Not as pretty though.
    216346.jpg

deandean wrote: »
    Nice, but mad money!

See photo:
    10W 3000K LED light 25 euro
    P.I.R. sensor 16 euro

i.e. about 1/3 the price of the Steinel. Not as pretty though.

Thanks for the pic. Does it give much light looks like it only has one LED?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭deandean

You know the small 150W halogen lights, well by comparison that 10 Watt LED has about 3/4 the output.

I have a 50W LED light too, that's like a 500W halogen!

• Advertisement

deandean wrote: »
    You know the small 150W halogen lights, well by comparison that 10 Watt LED has about 3/4 the output.

I have a 50W LED light too, that's like a 500W halogen!

What I've heard about these LED bulbs is that they don't reflect the light as much as traditional bulb would.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,593 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

stevek93 wrote: »
    What I've heard about these LED bulbs is that they don't reflect the light as much as traditional bulb would.

All I can say from personal experience is that the Stinel is fantastic. Very bright.

2011 wrote: »
    stevek93 wrote: »

All I can say from personal experience is that the Stinel is fantastic. Very bright.

Yes they are very bright indeed but does it bounce the light around the garden?

Advertisement