Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCD Access Programme

Options
  • 08-08-2012 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭

I have another question but this is solely about the UCD Access Programme. I may be confused on this but according to the UCD website if I get accepted and pass the access programme I can only choose from the degrees offered under the Arts or Social Science sections since I'm not interested in Science or Engineering. Is that correct?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

There are 2 access programmes, one for science & engineering, and one for arts & social science. Some other course areas welcome applications from access students but you aren't guaranteed a place on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

You can apply for whatever course you wish. If you achieve a certain mark in your modules overall, you gain a place automatically on some of the courses offered at UCD. Others courses, as Muir has posted above, do not guarantee a place. That's not to say you won't get offered a place! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭ebjarrell

I think I'm just going to accept the DIT Access Programme instead. It's alot more convenient and it is full-time compared to UCD's part-time course. I think that'll get me more prepared for university when I actually start. Then I'll just apply to UCD throught the CAO and see what happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 tcoogan

All of the universities and ITs welcome adult learners, they are enthusiastic, highly motivated and self-directed students. Best of luck and enjoy your Access programme, wherever you take it.

Advertisement