Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Migration from webmail classic

Options
  • 08-08-2012 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭

If anyone from Eircom reads this could they advise as to the time it would take to migrate a couple of existing old style webmail classic accounts to the new webmail, and can you confirm that the contents of all existing folders are copied over to the new accounts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭allen175

as far as i know it takes about 2 months for them to process the emails, not sure about the contents, but they sort port over with the email.

PM one of the eircom guys or ring broadband support and they will be able to get the emails on the transfer list.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,441 ✭✭✭eircom: Mark

Alun wrote: »
    If anyone from Eircom reads this could they advise as to the time it would take to migrate a couple of existing old style webmail classic accounts to the new webmail, and can you confirm that the contents of all existing folders are copied over to the new accounts?

Hi Alun,

The migratin to webmail can take 4-6 weeks in general.

Have you issued the request already?

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 21,465 ✭✭✭✭Alun

Hi Alun,

The migratin to webmail can take 4-6 weeks in general.

Have you issued the request already?

Thanks, Mark
    It's not for me but a friend/customer who I do PC work for. He has two old style accounts and is a) running out of space and b) wants to use them as IMAP accounts using Thunderbird so needs them migrating.

He'd also like to keep his existing emails he has stored on his account, can this be done? I know that a boardsie here once wrote a script (savemywebmail.com) that downloaded all the emails from a classic webmail account into mbox format so that they could be imported into another email client but that seems to be broken unfortunately.

Who does he need to call to get this done ... the usual Eircom support number?

BTW 4-6 weeks seems like an excessively long time though, how can it possibly take so long?

It's not for me but a friend/customer who I do PC work for. He has two old style accounts and is a) running out of space and b) wants to use them as IMAP accounts using Thunderbird so needs them migrating.

He'd also like to keep his existing emails he has stored on his account, can this be done? I know that a boardsie here once wrote a script (savemywebmail.com) that downloaded all the emails from a classic webmail account into mbox format so that they could be imported into another email client but that seems to be broken unfortunately.

Who does he need to call to get this done ... the usual Eircom support number?

BTW 4-6 weeks seems like an excessively long time though, how can it possibly take so long?

Hi Alun,

I have been advised all existing folders / mails will be migrated onto the new platform.

The migrations are sent in batches every week so given the amount of migrations to webmail, we need to give that time-frame I'm afraid.

If you PM me with the customers name and e-mail address I can arrange the request for you.

Thanks, Mark

OK, I'll need to contact him first and then I'll PM you with the details.

• Advertisement

OK, I'll need to contact him first and then I'll PM you with the details.

No worries,

PM me when you can. Also if the customer is an eircom customer would you be able to confirm his account number, name & address.

Just to insure that he has given details to authorise the migration.

Thanks, Mark

Sent a PM just now, but before I saw this post. Didn't see the bit about the account number, so will PM that later separately when I have it.

Sent a PM just now, but before I saw this post. Didn't see the bit about the account number, so will PM that later separately when I have it.

Hi Alun,

I got your PM and have sent the two e-mail address to be migrated.

Thanks, Mark

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Peanut

Thanks Alun, savemywebmail.com is working again now for Eircom classic webmail accounts if anyone else wants to try it (..or if Eircom are interested in some additional migration tools :cool: )

Hi Alun,

I got your PM and have sent the two e-mail address to be migrated.

Thanks, Mark
    Mark, I've PM'ed you the account number just now.

• Advertisement

Mark, I've PM'ed you the account number just now.

Hi Alun.

Got it thanks. I PM you back.

Thanks, Mark

Advertisement