Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving to Northern Spain

Options
  • 08-08-2012 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

I'm planning on driving down to Northern Spain this September. I'm starting a job teaching English in Cantabria on the 1st of October, so I want to take September out and drive down through France, into the Basque Country and along the northern coastline of Spain, and basically surf as much as possible. I'll be finishing up in Santander at the end of September and I'll be staying there for the Winter.

I'll be taking my own van which is a 2 seater renault kangoo 1.5 diesel and I'm looking for 2 things: One is advice from anyone who has done the trip (the best route, which ferry to take etc) and the other is a buddy to do it with. Most of my friends are either heading back to college or starting jobs in September and I want to bring somebody who surfs, seeing as that's what the trip is all about.

So if you're interested in coming let me know and we'll talk tactics. If you've any advice for me, it's be much appreciated.

Cheers,

Paul.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭blueskys

Hi mate
    Have done that trip a few times, its great. Best ferry to take is Rosslare to Roscoff, should be cheaper going in september. Get a map and hit these areas on the way down (in order from north to south): the crozon peninsula, la torche, quiberon peninsula, Les Sables des O'lonne, La tranche sur mer, La Rochelle - nice city, then get ferry from Royan to Soulac Sur Mer, Lacanau Ocean, Biscarosse, Labenne Ocean, Biarritz, (and villages/coast south of for surf), Hendaye in Basque Country, San Sebastien and Zarutz. Plenty of spots there for you. If you arent in a hurry dont take the motorways as toll is expensive especially crossing over into spain. Enjoy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 PaulyRob

Thanks for the reply blueskies, I've been checking up on some of those spots you mentioned. Can't wait to get going. Cheers for the tip about the toll roads. I would have been badly stung there.

Advertisement