Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for Holiday in Beara

Options
  • 08-08-2012 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

I'm planning a trip to the Beara peninsula for a few days and I'm looking for some recommendations for accommodation and restaurants.

The current plan is to drive to Castletownbere and stay there for 2 . Maybe do a bit of walking if the weather is OK, have some nice seafood and take it easy.

Can anyone suggest places to stay and eat?

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,273 ✭✭✭Morlar

I was in the Lobster bar in Castletownbere a few nights ago and it was quite good, a little touristey but the food was nice, the staff were worked off their feet but very nice also. Can't say much about Beara or accomodation there as I was based mostly on Sheepshead/Muintervara (also fantastic).

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭grange mac

Base yourself in bantry, maratime hotel, dont go near westlodge kip of a hotel. If in bantry can also do sheeps head...fab spot.

Advertisement