Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newbie to gardening , Coriander - any tips?

Options
  • 08-08-2012 6:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

Hi, I just bought a coriander growing kit in Deals.
    It contains an envelope of 25 coriander seeds, a lump of stuff that looks like dense cork (brown & circular), and a small plastic tub (large mug sized) with a doughnut shaped circular top... and no instructions!
    I did biology for LC but thats as hazy, so should i germinate them on damp cotton wool, or should i break up or wet this thick cork-like lump of stuff?

No instructions came , but on the box it shows the seeds to be put at the bottom of the plastic bowl, water to be added, next pic there is green there- dosent really explain it. I looked up the kit online but couldn't find it, any advice most welcome, thanks for reading.

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,708 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

The cork should be soil sorta stuff when you rehydrate it, but if you ahve regular soil lying bout the house that'd do instead. Coriander is pretty easy to grow, just put seeds in moist soil, ignore, cut back on a regular basis cause it grows like a mad thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

Thanks, i do have some organic soil so i divided the seeds into 2 lots of 12-ish & planted , one in original plastic pot, the other fav old mug.
    Thanks again for your answer - should e fun to watch grow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭looksee

You can buy individual seed sowing things like that, add water and they become kind of self-contained seed pots. I'd swell it first then add seeds otherwise they could end up washed under the compost!

Edit - oops, too late :)

Advertisement