Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

21 small presents for a 21st birthday

• 08-08-2012 6:38pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

Looking to do something innovative for a friend's (female) birthday next month. I was thinking about getting a big bag and putting 21 small gifts inside instead of one big one and then explaining them all inside the card. Any thoughts? Also, if you think it's a good idea, what should I put in the bag? :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

I done this or tried to it for my sister a few years ago. Put in things like tea light, Hello kitty lollies, named keyring, retro hand-held game, hair bands etc. In the end I ran out of things to get her. So I threw in something completly random and humorous. It still hangs above her dresser. Good look OP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

Head into the euro store, have all sorts there like shampos, pens, hairbands and other stuff and should work out fairly good value

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 273 ✭✭meg3178

Retro sweets from her childhood, a beano or girly annual, a cd containing the number one single from each year of her 21 years, all things like this and then maybe a world charm for a bracelet telling her that the world is open for her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

Don't forget a picture-frame saying '21st' and include pictures in there from varying stages of her childhood, teens and special moments/days to remember for her to look back on & reminisce :)

Also, have a look at the retro forum here and the nostalgia thread here for items you could purchase that she would remember from her childhood upwards :)

Hope that helps in some way,
    kerry4sam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,177 ✭✭✭Hope O_o

a hand mirror to remind her of her beauty, sweets to remind her of her heart, a poem that reminds you of her, a book of joyful quotes (you could make it yourself) to share your hopes for her future, a time capsule for her to fill on her 21st, a pressed flower (remembering my sis likes daisies), an empty photo album for her to fill with all the good times to come, a packet of wildflower seeds to spread joyfully, one of her fav books or trinkets from childhood... an old key on a chain (if she's not married) as a symbol she holds the key to unlocking someones heart once she finds him... a game of jacks (cos its silly fun), blooming flower tea, your own blend of bath salts ...................(I love gifting)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,957 ✭✭✭The Volt

Lots of good ideas here guys, thanks a mill :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 918 ✭✭✭RoscommonTom

Voltwad wrote: »
    Lots of good ideas here guys, thanks a mill :D

Your very welcome, hope she likes the stuff :)

Advertisement