Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dublin

• 08-08-2012 6:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭

So I have a friend coming over to Dublin for about two days.

She wants to go to some tourist places for pictures for her family etc.
    So I was thinking the Guinness storehouse, Trinity College, Grafton Street, Temple Bar maybe a trip out to Howth/Killiney or Dun Laoighaire.

She wants to check out fun and interesting shopping places and all that comes to mind is Georges Street Arcade. Anyone got any other interesting places to shop?

Also any good nerd/geek things around Dublin. She's a big enthusiast and all I know is that shop on the quays.

Finally what are some nice inexpensive places for Irish food in the city centre. She wants to eat some 'really Irish things'.

Thanks so much for any help!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,374 ✭✭✭Eponymous

Powerscourt Townhouse has some good alternative shopping opportunities too.

Check out the Science Gallery on Pearse Street for some nerdy goodness: http://sciencegallery.com/ It's part of Trinity College so it's already on your itinerary!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

If the weather is good, I'd recommended Powerscourt or Glendalough maybe?
    You may have to cram all the city stuff on one day then. Would she want to see scenery or just interested in the city?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,117 ✭✭✭shanered

Kilmainham Jail
    Guinness Brewery
    Both two decent bets!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,411 ✭✭✭✭woodchuck

Eponymous wrote: »
    Check out the Science Gallery on Pearse Street for some nerdy goodness: http://sciencegallery.com/ It's part of Trinity College so it's already on your itinerary!

Ah you beat me to it :P I would also recommend this! The quality of the exhibits vary depending on when you go, but even the shop is good for poking around some good old nerdy things :)

O'Neills (off grafton street) do half decent pub grub for a good price. Usually carvary type things, but haven't been there in a while.

Temple bar area on a saturday could be good; there's the food market and usually some other stalls set up, including some around cow lane for interesting trinkets (the street with 'the queen of tarts' on it; also good for food). There's a similar (or the same) food market in the peoples park in Dun Laoghaire on Sundays, so if you're going there anyway a sunday morning or early afternoon would be good to get that in if the weather is good.

The viking splash tour is fun :o There's also a good ghost walk on the southside... not sure if it counts as nerdy, but I'm a nerd and I loved it :P

Advertisement