Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth Boys National School and Girls National School

Options
  • 08-08-2012 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

Just wondering if someone has experience of this in Maynooth. We have a girl and boy, not going to school yet but in a few years. We are in Parklands. Does anyone have to drop their children to the seperate schools and how long does it take? Unfortuneately it looks like they won´t be accepted into either of the mixed schools, so the easiest thing won´t be an option. I have heard the traffic in Maynooth can be terrible, how true is this?

Thanks for the replies!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

Joangon wrote: »
    Unfortuneately it looks like they won´t be accepted into either of the mixed schools,

Have you asked in the ET school where they are on the list for the year they start? Many people decline places when offered so you may get them in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Joangon

Hi Orion,
    I have asked them already but they said unless a fair amount of people decline, my eldest child will not be offered a place. If that is the case she will have to go the Girls National School. So I will probably end up having to drop my little girl to the Girls National School and my little boy to the Boys National School.

My corcern is how long it could take in the morning (around 8.30am) to drop both kids in the two schools having to drive through main street as I would be coming from Parklands(home) and then heading to the Celbridge road for work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

When I was enrolment officer the rate was about 50-60% declining so you might still get lucky :)

Traffic in the mornings can be quite heavy at that time - especially on rainy days - as half the town drop their kids to school. From Parklands you might be quicker walking to the schools if you and the kids could manage it.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Traffic in Maynooth is crazy and there is no parking at either school.
    It might be easier to walk.

Advertisement