Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Nokia 6300 ~ Refitting Front Facia After Fall

• 08-08-2012 7:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭

Dropped this and no damage except that the front cover or facia is slightly loose mainly on right hand side and at bottom.

Looked at several youtube vids about opening this up and its fairly easy.

I just wanted to pressed the cover back into place but a couple of tiny brass coloured kinda v clips fell out, and when I removed the cover a few more fell out, think there is 6 in total.

The thing is they are so damn tiny its impossible to fit them back in their place.

The video's show how to dismantle the phone and fit new cover etc but do not mention these little devils.

Any suggestions lads, (nice one's that is):D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 396 ✭✭Kevin Moran

The brass coloured bits that fell out are basically the thread housing for the screws that hold the fascia. If you can retrieve them, a quick dab of super glue on the bottom, a steady hand and a set of metal tweezers will do the job.
    Alternatively, if you're part of the 6300 lovers club, find your nearest Nokia Care Point and they'll outfit a brand new fascia for you while you wait. Hope this helps :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,393 ✭✭✭danjo-xx

oh that's great news thank you very much.

I have a spare 6300 and opened up that to see where these yokes go and some fell out of that, so I now have two with the covers lifting.:D

Think I'll leave it up to the gsm or Nokia centres.

cheers.:)

Advertisement