Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Song Wars 13: Outside Vs Bother

Options
  • 08-08-2012 7:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭

In the last song wars thread Detroit Rock City beat Schools Out. For this thread i've decided to do two songs that are a little bit more recent, well not really recent but songs that were released in the last 10 or so years which I consider recent compared the last couple of song war threads. Anyway I went with Outside by Staind and Bother by Stone Sour.

Both Outside and Bother are two slow and deep songs by Staind and Stone Sour. Outside was released in 2001 on Staind's Break the Cycle album however there were also early showings of the song in 1999 as well. Bother was released in 2002 in Stone Sour's first album. Both songs are popular and well known from their bands.

This was a hard choice for me as I am a fan of both Staind and Bother. As well as that I absolutely love both songs. If I had to choose, i'd got with Bother. Bother was the song that got me into Stone Sour, and I remember when I listened to it for the first time I was blown away by Corey Taylor's vocal ability. Up until then I had always known Corey as the guy from Slipknot and never really thought much about him as a singer until I listened to Stone Sour. As for Outside, great song and really beautiful but I go with Bother.

P.S I wasn't bashing Corey Taylor's vocal ability when he sings with Slipknot. i'm a fan of that band too.

Which song do you prefer? 3 votes

Outside
    0% 0 votes
    Bother
    100% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Catari Jaguar

I voted for Bother but it wouldn't be my favourite Stone Stour slow song. But yes, Corey Taylor is an incredible vocalist. Ironicaly, my favourite vocal track (ever?) in terms of an ability to engage you and draw you into the song with emotion, raw power, musicality, control etc. is Snuff is by Slipknot. And yea, I was shocked too when I realised he could sing, I think Vermillion pt 2.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,125 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Stone Sour for me, I'm not a fan of Staind at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭TheStickyBandit

Definitely bother for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭dougal-maguire

These two songs were getting a lot of air time when i first got into metal and i found it very hard to choose one over the other. in the end i chose outside because i feel theres more emotion in it.

Advertisement