Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plant identification

Options
  • 08-08-2012 8:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭

Can anybody identify this plant for me? I took a picture of it and the garden centre but forgot to ask on the way out what it was. I love the colour and structure so am interested to see if I have the conditions for it to grow. Thanks
    43d63361.jpg
    c26b225b.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Yi Harr

It looks a bit like an Echium (possibly E. russicum). That said, I'm having trouble finding anything similar to it colourwise in google

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

Yi Harr wrote: »
    It looks a bit like an Echium (possibly E. russicum). That said, I'm having trouble finding anything similar to it colourwise in google
    Cheers for the reply. I'm not sure myself if it is Echium, thought it may be Eucomis but still unsure. I really love the colour of this, it's beautiful.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Looks like a foxtail lily - that's Echium I think, isn't it? They are lovely.

Quick google - its Eremurus that is Foxtail lily, that's what I think it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,478 ✭✭✭padi89

looksee wrote: »
    Looks like a foxtail lily - that's Echium I think, isn't it? They are lovely.

Quick google - its Eremurus that is Foxtail lily, that's what I think it is.

Cheers Lookse I really appreciate it.

Advertisement