Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

storage heaters - where to buy?

Options
  • 08-08-2012 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

maybe ye can help - looking to install one storage heater to take the edge of the cold in the mornings and maintain a warmish house throughout the day when we're not around to maintain the fire (there is no heating system installed at all - we use a solid fuel stove and 'normal' electric heaters for a bit of a boost, the combination of which usually heats the house quite nicely - but we need a backup for days where we only come home in the evening).

So here the Q: Where in Galway can I find a retailer/wholesaler to look at/buy storage heaters?

And how much work is it to install the storage heaters? We have nightmeter installed anyway, does a storage heater need a separate circuit? Or can I just plug it into the sockect and done?

Alternative ideas to storage heating also welcome! ;)

Cheers,
    galah

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭meercat

galah wrote: »

So here the Q: Where in Galway can I find a retailer/wholesaler to look at/buy storage heaters?

And how much work is it to install the storage heaters? We have nightmeter installed anyway, does a storage heater need a separate circuit? Or can I just plug it into the sockect and done?
    galah

cant help with a supplier but installation if simple enough
    the fact that you are on a duel tariff really helps
    storage heaters need a separate circuit back to the consumer unit connected to a timer to benefit from the lower rate
    you really need a registered contractor to install this for you

mods;
    might be better in electrical if you please

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Moved to Electrical

Advertisement