Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Price cut in 4S on 5 release?

• 08-08-2012 8:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm hoping to join the iPhone club but I want to buy a 4S as opposed to a 5 due to financial reasons. ( still a student)
    Does anyone know is it apples style to cut the price of the previous model on release of a new one?
    I'm hoping to buy at end of august but I wonder should I hold on until release of the 5?

Thanks for all replies

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,497 ✭✭✭✭guil

When the 4s was released so was an 8 gb iphone 4 for €499

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭TBi

guil wrote: »
    When the 4s was released so was an 8 gb iphone 4 for €499

I'd be surprised if they didn't offer the 16GB model for this price. However this is apple and they like to upsell so unless the 5 comes out with base 32GB you'll be right!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

There'll be a good few for sale on adverse.ie when it comes out as owners sell theirs to upgrade. At the moment the 2nd hand iPhone 4 averages around 320 for a 16g, be interesting to see what the 4s averages at when they hit adverts en masse.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭waterford1988

Thnks lads,
    By the sounds of it I should def hold on until the five Is released so!

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭waterford1988

Thnks lads,
    By the sounds of it I should def hold on until the five Is released so!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

I tell you , i'll be very disappointed if the base model still has 16GB. They've been running that configuration for years now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Kenno90 wrote: »
    I tell you , i'll be very disappointed if the base model still has 16GB. They've been running that configuration for years now

Apple have every reason to push the lower capacity iPhones. They will do anything to try and encourage people to move to their iCloud eco system and be forever locked into Apple.

Hogzy wrote: »
    Apple have every reason to push the lower capacity iPhones. They will do anything to try and encourage people to move to their iCloud eco system and be forever locked into Apple.

Not even just this, a lot of people never use the memory in the phone. All they do is take pictures and a few videos. I know lots of people who don't even put music on their iPhone. I'd be surprised if the base wasn't 16GB but i'd be happy if their was a '5' 8GB but the '5' 16GB cost the same as the old 4S 8GB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,184 ✭✭✭Kenno90

But paying that much for a smart and only getting 16GB is not good enough for 2012/13 the Samsung s3 can have up to 128 GB (including the dropbox account)

Now thats progress

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

But paying that much for a smart and only getting 16GB is not good enough for 2012/13 the Samsung s3 can have up to 128 GB (including the dropbox account)

Now thats progress

The majority of iPhone sales are through a contract basis. Obviously the phone companies dont mind apple charging the prices for the phones because their customers are happy to foot the bill.

• Advertisement

Now thats progress

Progress? Paying for memory you don't need or want? My point was that they should charge less for 8Gb, while offering 16GB at last years 8GB price.

Some people don't want 16Gb and would rather pay less. I like having the option of high memory phones (i always get 32GB) but my better half wouldn't even fill an 8GB so why should i pay extra for memory that isn't needed?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭ablelocks

retailers and apple themselves have started to discount iphone 4 & 4s in the USA, so the same is likely to happen here.

Advertisement