Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

browning 725

Options
  • 08-08-2012 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭

has anyone got a 725 or what the story good r bad

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭johnny3

hi folks any one bought a 725 yet just looking for feed back oh how there going ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭johnny3

hi folks anyone got a 725 yet whay ya tink;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

Hi Johnny3

There is a review in the August edition of gun mart.

If you want to pm me, I can photograph the pages and email them to you if you send your email address?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,296 ✭✭✭rowa

I don't see any major difference between any of the 325-425-725 guns , same original browning action and general layout , i think when sales slow they do a re-release and get a lot of coverage in the shooting press and sales start again. The older guns had much better walnut imho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Nt0_dv9Z_0&feature=plcp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Tikkat3

rowa wrote: »
    I don't see any major difference between any of the 325-425-725 guns , same original browning action and general layout , i think when sales slow they do a re-release and get a lot of coverage in the shooting press and sales start again. The older guns had much better walnut imho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Nt0_dv9Z_0&feature=plcp

Interesting clip. Tend to agree on the older guns. Have had fortunate fit on Brownings through out the years but have to say I noticed a change in the quality (or at least the appearance) or the walnut on lower grade stocks in the range.

Also have heard more stories and noticed a few things from my own guns that more modern guns seem to be a little more susceptible to corrosion despite the cleaning regime. Have heard this echoed by dealers. Maybe its isolated, but I have felt the blueing and quality of finish a wood drop a little.

currently have a new Ultra XS and can see the difference in it to previous guns.

• Advertisement
Advertisement