Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Justice League **Spoilers from post 980 onward**

Comments

Goddamn I love that movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

There's bunch of "Unite the League" snippets (one for each character) on YouTube

The Batman one confirms
    parademons. I guess at least his gun toting Batmobile is being used against them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

Bacchus wrote: »
    There's bunch of "Unite the League" snippets (one for each character) on YouTube

The Batman one confirms
    parademons. I guess at least his gun toting Batmobile is being used against them.

Not sure about that tbh. My first thought on seeing that was
    Firefly
    ... You're probably right though, in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭Ben Gadot

Based on bvs they look pretty generic so the confusion is fair enough but aye, clearly given the story it's
    parademons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Bacchus wrote: »

The Batman one confirms

Did I just watch a f*cking trailer for a trailer?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

A Neurotic wrote: »

It's not even just online either, one came on TV last night

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

A Neurotic wrote: »

It's been a thing for a while hasn't it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,125 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Nice.

As a funny aside there's no better illustration of the money available between tv and film (even though tv is increasingly becoming the better medium) when you compare the effects here for The Flash and it's cw counterpart.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I'm absolutely loving that trailer... Hopefully the film delivers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

Trailer was great. I cannot wait until November now.

EDIT

We are allowed to download a HD copy of the trailer on Vimeo.

https://vimeo.com/210046417

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

It's hard to get too enthused, but it wasn't the worst superhero trailer I have ever seen (heh, if ever there was a case of damning with faint praise). Still, I did like how they're not just relying on slow-mo sequences to depict the Flash's speed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Trailer looks awful to me but so did the first trailer for Batman vs Superman and everyone loved that trailer, although I imagine the movie will go down much the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,713 ✭✭✭✭McDermotX

It looks incredibly uninspiring stuff.......so has everything that's been teased about this up to now, and the trailer only reinforces the level of meh.

Only question in my mind is can it top the quality of the Oscar-winning Suicide Squad ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Cyborg looks ****e everything else looks good and seems like its gonna be good but jesus someone needs to do an awful lot of work on Cyborg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,047 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Looks poor. Using a song in trailer doesnt mask how lifeless and dour the world looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Wish they'd just cut the crap

We all know superman is not dead and will be part of the league so just put him in the trailer already FFS and stop doing tight crops on scenes etc to hide the fact he's there

It's really really offputting

We all know superman is not dead and will be part of the league so just put him in the trailer already FFS and stop doing tight crops on scenes etc to hide the fact he's there

I feel completely the opposite. Sure we know he's there but you shouldn't see that until you are sat in the cinema. Hold something back for the film.

Although having said that references to superman's picture were apparently found in the source code for the website used for promotion. So he'll probably be the big reveal in the final trailer before the films release.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

so the big bad
    isn't Darkseid but his uncle Steppenwolf played by Ciaran Hinds

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭micar

Is it OK to start a Gal Gadot appreciation thread???..... Cos I love her.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

is it pronounced ga-dot or ga-doh?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Skerries wrote:
    is it pronounced ga-dot or ga-doh?

Ga-dot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Cyborg looked really dodgy in one of those shots. The trailer looks ok but it's by the numbers stuff really. I always find it very hard to get enthused by the super hero's in a film unless a worthy opposition is shown, which it hardly was. Hopefully that is much fleshed out in the next one. Trailer is really....well......grey too.

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭Here we go

Looks like an avangers clone first film an alien invasion. but not lead by the main villain id bet next is a rouge A.I brainiac (ultron) followed by the last film split in two when darkside comes in. wonder if they will work a glove into it. On another note didnt see supes in it wonder if he will be brought back near the end of the film or sooner

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,007 ✭✭✭Mr Crispy

What's the deal with no Green Lantern?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

There's lots of jumping...

Also, whoever just wrote it, this will not be an avengers like movie, there is no Marvel like ability shown by WB this far in the story..

I hope it does well, as a comic book fan, it should,....
    It should be a slam dunk to be honest..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Cyborg looks like the Scy Fy channel did his CGI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Yeah like.. it's alright CGI.. and it's cool that it looks cheap Syfy cos we know ya don't have the money but we know you're gonna try with the story and all... :)

But this ain't Syfy, and you've mucked up with the stories plenty already Warner Bros!

Awful trailer.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭Giggernaut

Watched trailor on TV and Cyborg looks crap in HD and Batman's costume, too Nite Owl and I'm not a fan of the spider-tank.

But if they can make the villain a real threat then it has a chance to do what Marvel has failed at,

However I feel the movie will go Assemble,Fight,Lose,Unite,Almost lose,SUPERMAN.

• Advertisement

If they put him in it people would complain about giving away a plot point.

In other words, you'd be moaning either way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,137 ✭✭✭veganrun

Wasn't blown away by the trailer. Just looks like a run of the mill generic superhero trailer. Lots of jumping and that's about it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Ugly trailer. Ugly tone. Ugly compositions. Ugly - really ugly - color grading. Ugly action. Ugly character designs. Ugly use of music.

Same as BvS then. UGLY.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

pixelburp wrote: »
    Ugly trailer. Ugly tone. Ugly compositions. Ugly - really ugly - color grading. Ugly action. Ugly character designs. Ugly use of music.

Same as BvS so. UGLY.

Really does *look* terrible, worse than BvS I think. Snyder is using a different DP from tv (Sherlock, GOT) and appears to have ditched the anamorphic lenses and gone all digital. The CGI environments are stagey and fake. And why is everything so murky? No wonder Affleck started drinking again.

james-van-der-beek-crying-on-dawsons.gif

Ben Gadot wrote: »
    If they put him in it people would complain about giving away a plot point.

In other words, you'd be moaning either way.

No. This would hold up if they hadn't included Superman in early promo shots, one an artist's rendition of the league and another with Cavill. As well as that, Cavill has been on panels and been talking about filming and training for JL on his social media platforms. It would in no way give away a plot point for them to show Superman in the trailer. Their pretence now by WB that it's going to be a reveal in any way is bananas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

No. This would hold up if they hadn't included Superman in early promo shots, one an artist's rendition of the league and another with Cavill. As well as that, Cavill has been on panels and been talking about filming and training for JL on his social media platforms. It would in no way give away a plot point for them to show Superman in the trailer. Their pretence now by WB that it's going to be a reveal in any way is bananas.

I'd say they're just saving it for the last trailer before release. Gets the last trailer more publicity ("First shot of Superman in new JL trailer" etc)

It's not his reveal they're avoiding, it's a plot point. It's likely his fate is a massive part of the story so any appearance from him in the trailer (either as aggressor towards the league or fighting alongside them) would give more away than they need to.

I mean look at how they spoiled Doomsday, that told us more about how the film was going to likely end than I cared to know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Aquaman looks like hes going to be the breakout star of the justice league. Looks good but would of liked to of seen the villain of the film

• Advertisement

It's coming out in November. There will be other trailers. You will see the villain and Superman in later trailers.

It's not his reveal they're avoiding, it's a plot point. It's likely his fate is a massive part of the story so any appearance from him in the trailer (either as aggressor towards the league or fighting alongside them) would give more away than they need to.

I mean look at how they spoiled Doomsday, that told us more about how the film was going to likely end than I cared to know.

I'd be happy with just a quick shot (because there's no way we get to justice league without Superman in a trailer) so that there is some ambiguity going into the film.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

I've read the story line.

And yes, Superman is a vital plot point in the movie....

Doesn't look good anyways. Too quirky. Batman is dark and moody as ****. Doesn't work for that character. CGI looks cheap as hell

Too many weird "oh so funny" one liners in that trailer

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

Nice to see they seem to have another abandoned area of town in which to have the final showdown.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Nice to see they seem to have another abandoned area of town in which to have the final showdown.

Probably still a recession in the DCU. It would be like if you had the fight in Dublin, have it somewhere along the LUAS line past sandyford around 2010.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Some analysis has talked about the Wonder Woman scene in the trailer.

and indeed, when I slow it down I see what they mean (click the settings cog, change speed to 0.25)

They were so busy trying to get in a shot of butt cheek, they never got the kick to connect.

Maybe WB has given up on competing with Marvel on story and substance and is now going after the Michael Bay audience of flash and effects

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

It looks like a **** video game level pure dark and sewer like where there fighting

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,614 ✭✭✭The Golden Miller

Feels like DC are rushing their universe along just to catch up with Marvel. The quicker they rush, the further they fall behind on many levels. Failing to promote any of their characters for decades (bar Batman and Superman) up until now has really come back to bite them

Slydice wrote: »
    They were so busy trying to get in a shot of butt cheek, they never got the kick to connect.

I'm not sure what you're actually saying, do you mean they tried to get a shot in like that but failed? If so, given how people felt about Robbie in SS, I don't see why they'd be subtle in taking such a shot.

I was thinking about this the other day and I wouldn't be surprised if this is the kind of analysis that dominates the aftermath of her own film amongst critics i.e. looking for things that aren't there to make it look like some kind of anti feminist monstrosity.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I'm not sure what you're actually saying, do you mean they tried to get a shot in like that but failed? If so, given how people felt about Robbie in SS, I don't see why they'd be subtle in taking such a shot.

I was thinking about this the other day and I wouldn't be surprised if this is the kind of analysis that dominates the aftermath of her own film amongst critics i.e. looking for things that aren't there to make it look like some kind of anti feminist monstrosity.

It's the internet, I'm sure somewhere there'll be a clutch of reviews to fit a preferred confirmation bias; but considering Wonder Woman is only the first of this age of DC/Marvel superhero films to star a woman, and the titular character is already pretty engrained in the public consciousness as a powerful, well-loved if controversial female hero, it's as likely to find the reviews broadly fawning.

Buuuut of course, doubtlessly overly enthusiastic reviews would themselves cause sections of the internet to mash their keyboards in Ghostbusters-inspired fury, so you can't please all of the people etc. Me? I just hope DC finally make a vaguely watchable superhero film, so my own personal bar isn't particularly high. Expecting or searching for some kind of social or professional critics' narrative seems like a fools errand.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 PooArse

If its not too dark to see anything it looks like a f**king PS2 game!!! Cyborg looks terrible, the effects showing Flash's speed are actually comical and why is Aquaman acting like a teenager? Isn't he meant to be royalty?? Think this is BvS all over again....

Still fingers crossed that I'm wrong!

• Advertisement
Advertisement