Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Justice League **Spoilers from post 980 onward**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,931 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

FunLover18 wrote: »

Wait a minute, Superman's in this movie??:eek: But I thought he died!

I love the story that they have to digitally remove Superman's moustache.

I'm a little confused though - why are people making reference to Joss Whedon?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I love the story that they have to digitally remove Superman's moustache.

I'm a little confused though - why are people making reference to Joss Whedon?

Snyder's daughter committed suicide so he had to step down from the film a little while ago, WB brought in Whedon to finish off the film (or do re-shoots or whatever).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Flash movie title...
    FLASHPOINT... that could have HUGE repercussions for the DCEU and allow them to move past some of the mistakes they have made - but surprising. I'd guess it will somehow be flashpoint totally contained to Flash, and basically be the same at the end of the movie as at the beginning)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'd imagine it would likely be a watered down version of Flashpoint and on a smaller scale much like what happened with Civil War in the Marvel films.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

It'd be one way to backdoor reset the DC universe though if they really wanted to jettison the Synderverse completely; Flash messes with the timeline (thanks Barry!), by the movie's end it's only sorta restored, with the world a better & slightly shinier place, with a Superman with a sunnier disposition and Batman suddenly not resembling Ben Affleck...

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Snyder's daughter committed suicide so he had to step down from the film a little while ago, WB brought in Whedon to finish off the film (or do re-shoots or whatever).

Oh I see. I had actually heard that Snyder had to step down, but forgot about it. That's so sad, but it could be the best thing to happen with the DC movie universe.

(Or just leave it the exact same)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Can't post links but there are new reports about the state of the film before Joss came on board.

I'd say Whedon must be feeling some pressure to get it done in time. Surprised he agreed to it at all but at the same time, WB must have made some pitch to him starting with Batgirl.

Can't post links but there are new reports about the state of the film before Joss came on board.

I'd say Whedon must be feeling some pressure to get it done in time. Surprised he agreed to it at all but at the same time, WB must have made some pitch to him starting with Batgirl.

Are these the same kind of reports and rumors that claimed that Wonder Woman was an unwatchable mess in the run up to its release. I would put no faith in some random internet articles and postings about how much of a mess it is.

• Advertisement

Are these the same kind of reports and rumors that claimed that Wonder Woman was an unwatchable mess in the run up to its release. I would put no faith in some random internet articles and postings about how much of a mess it is.

It's the guy who runs Batman on Film so he likes to think he's an in the know.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    I'd imagine it would likely be a watered down version of Flashpoint and on a smaller scale much like what happened with Civil War in the Marvel films.

Just rereading this now. From what I remember of the DC Animated Movie I saw of Flashpoint (Flashpoint Paradox), there's no way they could do a proper version of it without it being up there with Daredevil levels of gore - and I can't picture DC going for a proper 18s/R-Rated movie.

Just rereading this now. From what I remember of the DC Animated Movie I saw of Flashpoint (Flashpoint Paradox), there's no way they could do a proper version of it without it being up there with Daredevil levels of gore - and I can't picture DC going for a proper 18s/R-Rated movie.

Don't really think toning down the violence would impact the story much tbh. When I say watered down i don't mean going for a lower age rating anyway, I mean it will bare little more than a passing resemblance to the comic/animated film from a story point of view much the same way Civila War did.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Im just putting this here so I can refer back to it when Im right

When Superman returns in this film he will be evil or brainwashed by Darkseid, just like he was in the animated series.

Darkseid
    seemingly isn't in this and is only mentioned at best so I doubt it.

Darkseid
    seemingly isn't in this and is only mentioned at best so I doubt it.

oh just you wait. gonna be a big twist. Superman will probably initially be working with the league and then will do a turn. remember, Lois is they key. I imagine thats a reference to Lois either dying and making Superman get angry or Lois being the only one that can turn him back. and flash was all "you were right bruce, you were always right" and thats said in regards superman. Plus they keep going on about "what if superman turns evil" in just about all these films.

In fact I would put good money on this if I were able to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Could have been done via the reshoots in a rethought movie, but I thought they were fairly clear previously that the Superman people expect was being built up by the events in the first movie and BvsS - and that his sacrifice at the end of BvsS was to be the culmination of that, and from there we would see a Superman we expect. So I don't see why we would get a huge turn on that arc.

Also, in the trailer
    we have see, we see it said that Earth is ripe to be taken because they have no Kryptonion (or Lantern) - so to bring Superman back but on the side of the bad guys doesn't make sense there.

Beyond that, I have always felt that he Flash stupid dream sequence thing BvsS was from a far further timeline - not from the next movie, and that I change in Superman will come at a later date, or at least that is what I think was planned. That whole sequence could have seen its eventual plan ripped up at this stage - I reckon the Justice League plans are very different now to a year a go.

Could have been done via the reshoots in a rethought movie, but I thought they were fairly clear previously that the Superman people expect was being built up by the events in the first movie and BvsS - and that his sacrifice at the end of BvsS was to be the culmination of that, and from there we would see a Superman we expect. So I don't see why we would get a huge turn on that arc.

Also, in the trailer
    we have see, we see it said that Earth is ripe to be taken because they have no Kryptonion (or Lantern) - so to bring Superman back but on the side of the bad guys doesn't make sense there.

Beyond that, I have always felt that he Flash stupid dream sequence thing BvsS was from a far further timeline - not from the next movie, and that I change in Superman will come at a later date, or at least that is what I think was planned. That whole sequence could have seen its eventual plan ripped up at this stage - I reckon the Justice League plans are very different now to a year a go.

I think you think the people making these films are smarter than you think they are :p Everything they have done has been really blunt and hasn't made much sense, this won't be much different.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Superman soldiers in the dream sequence spells injustice to me, especially seeing as Lois is the key to that door being unlocked, the other thing I've not seen mentioned is could Superman at anytime be the vassal of Darkseid but seeing as so far even in all the merchandising released for the movie there is no sign of a black suited Superman probably not.

well if they showed a black suited superman it would be far too obvious. I reckon it will be some sort of Darkseid brainwashing just like in the animated series which to be fair was a pretty cool arc, especially as it led to Twilight of the Gods in Justice League.

Not that this film will be any good mind you. Fool me once Warner Brothers, shame on...shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.

The reshoots were apparently more significant than originally thought, the main reason was to shift the tone. Cyborg, for example, is meant to have benefited from the more alleviated material.

I imagine the same applies to Superman. I'm sure Snyder's original story had Supes brainwashed by Darkseid, but now it's probably going to be just a case of Clark fleeing in confusion upon his resurrection, only to make his triumphant return at the end.

That would be my gamble on how it will play out anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I can't imagine Justice League is going to stray too far from the formula of the superhero team-up: tropes dictate our heroes must first fight each other before learning the Power of Teamwork etc. yada yada, so I think it's a good bet Bats & co. will be fighting Superman at some point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

BMMachine wrote: »
    Fool me once Warner Brothers, shame on...shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.

CaptainAmerica1_zps8c295f96.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

The new JL trailer will be released from 2pm on Sunday. (9am ET in the US)

http://screenrant.com/justice-league-trailer-final-launch-time/

Also some videos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

The movie may not turn out to be great but I think they have nailed the marketing this time around.
    Sure we all know Superman is coming back but at least that moment is now saved for the actual film

:D:D:D

Anyway I'm out until I see this now. So see ye the far side.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

For me that's the worst trailer so far and I'm already tired of Aquaman's surfer dude schtick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I think the proper term is Aquabro...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Yeah, that was a pretty poor trailer. Lots of flashing lights, breakneck speed action and what looks like a CGI clusterf*ck ending. The earlier trailers had me far more interested. Can't think of anything cool that stood out in that... the sword flick by WW maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 845 ✭✭✭what the hell!

Can't stand the colour schemes

That was a bit of a garbage trailer really, and some of the snark betrayed the Whedon influence in the script. I'm trying to keep an open mind with each WB DC film but that looks like itll be a horrendous assault on the eyes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

That's a pretty terrible trailer. I still have no idea who the bad guy is (and before anyone volunteers the information, no, I don't care).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,821 ✭✭✭✭yourdeadwright

Looks like a proper mess,
    Only DC character that has ever been in a decent movie is Batman, ( I haven't seen wonder women )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭klose

Only DC character that has ever been in a decent movie is Batman, ( I haven't seen wonder women )

Would highly recommend wonder women, I thought it was a brilliant film.

Not holding out much hope for justice league after seeing this, looks like a massive mess so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Donner's Superman is amazing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

klose wrote: »
    Would highly recommend wonder women, I thought it was a brilliant film.

Not holding out much hope for justice league after seeing this, looks like a massive mess so far.
    Finally seen Wonder Woman last night. A good movie, well worth a watch. The only real negative is the CGI at the start, it just seems to grate and take you out of the moment but improves as the movie goes on.

Here is another short trailer & a TV spot with more footage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,566 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Apparent rumors going out online that WB had "confirmed" that the running time for JL to be 121 minutes or 2 hours and 1 minute.

http://screenrant.com/justice-league-runtime-shortest-dceu/

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/10/21/justice-league-movie-runtime/

I would really hope this is wrong and I'm hoping for somewhere along 2 hours 50 minutes. I hope that is not just 2 hours because it will be a disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

2 hours theatrical 2 hours 30 extended bluray would be my guess. They always hold something back for the bluray now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

Lads... Delete

• Advertisement

Two hours plenty long.

Wait for the four hours extended real Joss cut to come out on Blu Ray.

Then the five hour Snyder cut to come out in a year or two after that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭techdiver

I think this is bad news. I can't see how 2 hours is enough to introduce 3 new characters a new villan and the return of superman.

I was hoping for the 2.5 hour runtime or similar.

Also remember that runtime includes credits which are upwards of 10 minutes on these productions. So that would only leave an actual runtime of 1hr 50 minutes in reality.

Ok. This is interesting to read.

https://twitter.com/GBRIELGRY/status/922204997449928704

The news about the possible theatrical & extended versions for JL being released could put things back the way as they were with BvS & SS. I was OK with WW not getting an extended edition on Blu-ray with just getting the deleted scenes. The reaction from the fans about the two editions, if it is true, could be very mixed if I'm honest. The disadvantage with JL being put on DVD could be very restrictive in some countries in that it could be just the theatrical version only on DVD & missing out by not having the extended version on Blu-ray if you're are into the physical home video release. A Digital HD release on iTunes would include the extended edition if you're weren't into physical media. WB have had a habit of doing this with BvS & SS on DVD in the UK & Irish releases. The theatrical edition are on the DVDs but not the extended edition of the movies are not available on the same DVD release as to what it's like in the US.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think it's great news. BvS was way too long with so many unnecessary side-stories (Lois & the bullet in particular, and most of Batman's dreams which were only there to reinforce the fact that his mother's name was Martha).

A tighter, more focused film sounds like the right way to go. We don't need big origin scenes for Cyborg, Flash & Aquaman. They already have their powers and we've already seen how Bruce & Diana know about them through Lex's data. Plus it sounds like the villain is pretty much just a henchman for the real big bad, so no big story needed for him either.

I always thought Superman Returns was incredibly underrated and Brandon Routh a very underlooked Superman & Clarke Kent. I would put Routh's Superman above Henry Cavill, personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I always thought Superman Returns was incredibly underrated and Brandon Routh a very underlooked Superman & Clarke Kent. I would put Routh's Superman above Henry Cavill, personally.

Routh was a great Superman & Clark but in a terrible film imo. He was the best thing in it and given the chance with a better Superman film, could have been fantastic. I do like Henry Cavill though, and feel he could have played a better Clark if given the chance (as opposed to playing Superman with glasses).

• Advertisement

Routh was essentially doing a Christopher Reeve impression though, given it was a sequel to Superman II, he wasn't really given the opportunity to make the role his own. Also I disagree that the film underrated, I hated it myself.

Routh was fantastic and he deserved better than he was given to work with.

FunLover18 wrote: »
    Routh was essentially doing a Christopher Reeve impression though, given it was a sequel to Superman II, he wasn't really given the opportunity to make the role his own. Also I disagree that the film underrated, I hated it myself.

I dunno - it had some pretty damn outstanding scenes. And Kevin Spacey was a pretty great Lex Luthor (at least when compared to the abomination in BvS)

Routh was fantastic and he deserved better than he was given to work with.

Absolutely wasn't his fault, a straight reboot would have been better.
    I dunno - it had some pretty damn outstanding scenes. And Kevin Spacey was a pretty great Lex Luthor (at least when compared to the abomination in BvS)

I just thought the whole plot was stupid. Let's plan to build a new continent for real estate? Superman nearly died when stabbed with kryptonite but he can lift a whole continent of the stuff? It just reinforced my opinion that Superman is a **** superhero because he's too strong (I've eased off on this since but Superman Returns is a film where you're never in any fear for the protagonist)

TBH Luthor's plan in Returns fits in well with othe such wild plans in past incarnations -

Hell, in the 1978 movie -
    Meanwhile, criminal genius Lex Luthor plans to make a fortune in real estate by buying large amounts of barren desert land, then using a nuclear explosion on a weak point in the San Andreas Fault, sinking California and leaving Luthor's desert as the new West Coast, greatly increasing its value. Upon learning the U.S Army and U.S. Navy will launch a twin nuclear missile test, he diverts one missile to the weak spot, after his incompetent henchman Otis accidentally redirects the first missile to the wrong place.
    Source: Wikipedia

You're right with Superman being too strong and I feel it the issue with almost every Superhero movie. It reduces a lot of the tension when you realise these are essentially all-powerful beings.

• Advertisement
Advertisement