Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Justice League **Spoilers from post 980 onward**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

The managing editor of Fandango in the US has now said that it is 121 minutes.

https://batman-news.com/2017/10/23/justice-league-runtime-shortest-dc-films-movie-yet/

It appears tickets will be on sale for JL from this Friday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Penn wrote: »
    Plus it sounds like the villain is pretty much just a henchman for the real big bad, so no big story needed for him either.

Would be a terrible waste of
    Steppenwolf
    though. One of the, perhaps few, good things about the trailers so far is that they don't give away too much about him. Hopefully they do the character some justice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Corholio wrote: »
    Would be a terrible waste of
    Steppenwolf
    though. One of the, perhaps few, good things about the trailers so far is that they don't give away too much about him. Hopefully they do the character some justice.

Hope so too, and I'd especially hope that after Doomsday they'll have learnt a few lessons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Already hating Aquaman.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 465 ✭✭Fox Hound

Already hating Aquaman.
    I think he will be ok in this film,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,178 ✭✭✭Brief_Lives

I'm loving Aquabro....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

Sounds good to me, seems as though he'll be using the theme from 1989's Batman. Also quoted a few weeks back saying there is a snippet of John Williams Superman theme used also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Time for a re-listen then :)

• Advertisement

JL-FP-0010.jpg?fit=2048%2C1530&quality=85&strip=info&ssl=1

I just leave this here. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

There's a few clips from the movie online. I'm probably not going to see this in cinema anyway so gave them a watch. Nothing in them to make me reconsider. Flash (and his relationship with Bruce/Batman) does look like he'll be the best thing about this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Looks like Flash is taking the Green Lantern role from the animated Justice League movies - if done right I'll love it. Love the GL/Batman stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Anyone know if the posters around town for this are actual Alex Ross posters or just stylized to look like his work?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

I was in cinema recently and saw the Gillette trailer plugging this....cringeworthy is an understatement...

Trailers aren't exactly selling it for me, I enjoyed the wonder woman film but the dawn of justice film was a bloated mess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I’m looking forward to this.... hope it still has some of the edge and darkness of BVS.

gmisk wrote: »
    I was in cinema recently and saw the Gillette trailer plugging this....cringeworthy is an understatement...

Trailers aren't exactly selling it for me, I enjoyed the wonder woman film but the dawn of justice film was a bloated mess

I read last night that it was an order from WB that this film had to be under two hours in order to help avoid the complaints people had about how bloated BvS was. JL seemingly now clocks in at 1hr 59mins.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Probably one of the most underwhelming trailers and ads I've seen for a film in a long time. If they're dampening expectations they're doing a fine job. (And after WW I was looking forward to this)

When are the press reviews due?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

When are the press reviews due?

Tuesday 9am, US Time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭techdiver

https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/justice-league-buzz-its-not-perfect-but-its-fun-and-entertaining/

Critics social media reaction are "good". I'm actually surprised given all the doom and gloom surrounding the production. I know this is an early reaction and means nothing yet but it looks like it will be much better received than BvS.

Many of the reviews mention that it is "fun". Which is what has been the biggest complaint about the DCEU to date. The general concensus is that it is a step in the right direction and people will enjoy it. Some complaints are about it being too short for some of the character development, which was one thing I was concerned about when I heard about the runtime.

As a massive DC fan I really hope these early reactions hold true and that this is an enjoyable and well received movie that continues on the right path that wonder woman started.

I doubt it'll be a good movie, but instead a "well, it wasn't as bad as we had expected", which is damning with faint praise.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

I think a lot of people, myself included, have their expectations dialled so far down the film can only end up impressing by comparison

Only person that has truly impressed with the JL roster so far is Wonder Woman. And I can't imagine she'd be given much screentime to shine if the runtime is as short as they say. Admittedly we've only seen the likes of the Flash in passing, but he seems more annoying than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

techdiver wrote: »
    https://editorial.rottentomatoes.com/article/justice-league-buzz-its-not-perfect-but-its-fun-and-entertaining/

Critics social media reaction are "good". I'm actually surprised given all the doom and gloom surrounding the production. I know this is an early reaction and means nothing yet but it looks like it will be much better received than BvS.

Many of the reviews mention that it is "fun". Which is what has been the biggest complaint about the DCEU to date. The general concensus is that it is a step in the right direction and people will enjoy it. Some complaints are about it being too short for some of the character development, which was one thing I was concerned about when I heard about the runtime.

As a massive DC fan I really hope these early reactions hold true and that this is an enjoyable and well received movie that continues on the right path that wonder woman started.

So much potential to rival the avengers. With a stellar cast of superheroes this should have been epic. Could easily have been the biggest superhero movie of all time. Could have been as legendary as the dark knight. It’s place in cinematic history was all but guaranteed.

There’s been far too much studio interference and tinkering

Now it’s looking like DC’s answer to Iron Man 2. A big pile of meh that let all the potential slip right out of its hands

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,600 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Some critics sharing their opinions on Twitter, seems that it has its flaws but its fun, action packed and has a good sense of humour

So much potential to rival the avengers. With a stellar cast of superheroes this should have been epic. Could easily have been the biggest superhero movie of all time. Could have been as legendary as the dark knight. It’s place in cinematic history was all but guaranteed.

There’s been far too much studio interference and tinkering

Now it’s looking like DC’s answer to Iron Man 2. A big pile of meh that let all the potential slip right out of its hands

They did the Avengers movies the right way - with each individual person getting their own movies, it means that their group outings can focus on that and the dynamics since we're well familiar with them.

With JL, we've half the cast that we know nothing about in the movie world - all being introduced in a movie with a considerably short run time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

They did the Avengers movies the right way - with each individual person getting their own movies, it means that their group outings can focus on that and the dynamics since we're well familiar with them.

With JL, we've half the cast that we know nothing about in the movie world - all being introduced in a movie with a considerably short run time.

Exactly. Reviews stated that character development wasn’t great. Some scenes rushed

If it had a runtime close to 3 hours I don’t think anyone would have had a problem with the movie because it’s the Justice League!

To me it sounds like it’s watered down a bit too much from studio interference

Either have faith in the directors or don’t

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

If it had a runtime close to 3 hours I don’t think anyone would have had a problem with the movie because it’s the Justice League!

I'm sure people might have said the same of a Batman Vs Superman film but having seen the edited cinema release I have zero interest in seeing the three hour version. And no matter how good Wonder Woman, was a three hour JL movie in this universe sounds like torture. Honestly, if it was three hours, I wouldn't go to see it the cinema.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I'm worried with the early buzz on this. I am taking it to mean that they have reverted back to marvel (same as WW) safe ingredients and that the masses are now happy they have just twice as many marvel movies (but just different characters) to look forward to. .

Yay, mobbed induced conformism wins . . .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

Getting a kicking from some of the critics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,288 ✭✭✭kdevitt

It’s not really. It’s at 50 on metacritic with some excellent reviews but mostly average ones. Only a handful of bad reviews. Am at the premiere tomorrow, I’m expecting it to be pretty average.

Hopefully it’s good enough that WB ploughing on with the solo efforts - I’m not sure anyone really wanted a Justice League movie.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,322 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Peter bradshaw in guardian gave it 2 stars and a bit of a kicking

• Closed Accounts Posts: 823 ✭✭✭q2xv9rjei4awgb

kdevitt wrote: »
    It’s not really. It’s at 50 on metacritic with some excellent reviews but mostly average ones. Only a handful of bad reviews. Am at the premiere tomorrow, I’m expecting it to be pretty average.

Hopefully it’s good enough that WB ploughing on with the solo efforts - I’m not sure anyone really wanted a Justice League movie.

Telegraph
    Guardian
    Independent
    Vanity Fair
    Empire
    Hollywood Reporter
    Collider

All gave it a kicking

Regardless, I'll still go see it and form my own opinion on it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I'm seeing it on Friday

Rotten Tomatoes is delaying release of its scores till the release of the film.

It's owned by Warner Brothers.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Huh, I wondered why they were doing that, had never seen it happen before.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,305 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I liked the way the cast introduced the trailer

https://www.cbr.com/justice-league-rotten-tomatoes-score-revealed/
    Despite Warner Bros.’ review embargo, and the decision by Rotten Tomatoes to delay the reveal of its often-dreaded aggregated score, the website’s rating for Justice League has already leaked on a social movie app.

Fast Company notes that Flixter, which features reviews from Rotten Tomatoes and allows users to search films by Tomatometer score, reveals that figure for Justice League, and it’s not particularly good: 48 percent. That’s perhaps not entirely surprising, given that early reviews for the Zack Snyder film have been mixed at best, ranging from fun to boring. If any kind of consensus has emerged, it’s that the movie is a bit chaotic.

It's on 50 on metacritic.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

It's just another dull witted grey/blue tinted 3 hours of pretentious ponderous bull****.

I can only wish it the worst :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Mickeroo wrote: »

They did the same with Bad moms earlier in the month(which I don't think was WB)

Basically RT are holdng back these scores so they can reveal them live on their new Facebook show. They need to get eyes on that show and this is an easy way to do so.

No conspiracy here.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,752 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

It's just another dull witted grey/blue tinted 3 hours of pretentious ponderous bull****.

I can only wish it the worst :D

Now now, this is factually wrong.

This one is only 2 hours of mediocre bull****.

Now now, this is factually wrong.

This one is only 2 hours of mediocre bull****.

You'd have to wonder how much of an impact Joss Whedon was able to have. Didn't he have a lot of reshots after Snyder left the franchise?

Also - the score has gone down on Metacritic.

It had been around 51 yesterday, but is on 49% as of now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

Mickeroo wrote: »

No conspiracy here.

There might not be but it has been done in the past with other movies, a review embargo is usually not a good sign IMO. I will be waiting until the DVD release anyway as I am too busy but I hope I am wrong.

You'd have to wonder how much of an impact Joss Whedon was able to have. Didn't he have a lot of reshots after Snyder left the franchise?

I watched one review yesterday but I had to stop as I felt like they were bordering on the spoiler territory but they said there is a noticeable change in style at a certain stage of the film.

Sounded like most of the early stuff was Snyder and a lot of Joss's work was later on in the film. But that was just my interpretation of it, could be way off the mark at the same time.

CramCycle wrote: »
    There might not be but it has been done in the past with other movies, a review embargo is usually not a good sign IMO. I will be waiting until the DVD release anyway as I am too busy but I hope I am wrong.

It wasn't the review embargo they were talking about though. The reviews were out, it was just RT holding back their tomato meter score so that people would watch their Facebook show.

The reviews still dropped relatively late but they were out. What Agent Coulson was getting at was that WB was hiding the RT score to protect the film which is tin foil hat stuff really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

43%

They're saying it's a step in the right direction for DC movies.
    Would also expect the usual drop down to the mid 30% after the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,454 ✭✭✭mloc123

I don't think I have ever been less excited about a movie release... the trailer for this looks terrible. If you can't sell it in a trailer I don't hold much hope for the movie.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

mloc123 wrote: »
    I don't think I have ever been less excited about a movie release... the trailer for this looks terrible. If you can't sell it in a trailer I don't hold much hope for the movie.

That's my biggest issue so far, I am not expecting high brow. I expect to park my brain at the door. I would have liked clever/smart but gave up on that awhile ago.

Alot of the effects, particularly the scenes with Batman/Aquaman, on the car, jumping up in the air look really far from being finished and remind me of that leaked version of Wolverine that they claimed ruined the movie (not what ruined the movie).

Advertisement