Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Justice League **Spoilers from post 980 onward**

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭Tilikum17

Was it just me or did Bruce Wayne (Affleck) look fat as ****?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭techdiver

Tilikum17 wrote: »
    Was it just me or did Bruce Wayne (Affleck) look fat as ****?

In the scenes that were reshoots he did indeed. There was a good deal of time past before the reshoots started and as such he wasn't in the same shape.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I liked Affleck as BW, just the script was not great. After seeing it, I can't believe the main criticisms of the CGI were Supes tache. The CGI in the final fight was beyond awful. I mean, truly, truly, terrible. I have seen plenty of TV shows on the BBC, SyFy and others which just really put this to shame.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Oh the CGI throughout the film was universally terrible, and like you said CramCycle the final battle was almost "Wolverine: Origins" level of bad - but Superman's 'tache became somewhat emblematic of the film as a whole: shoddy, slapdash and a bit of a joke really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

This film has some of the worst CGI, Steffanwolf didn't even look to have fully rendered in some of those scenes at the end.

I am no fan of Snyder, but the reshot scenes that were badly edited in did not improve anything, just made it worse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

I'd imagine most of the terrible CGI came from the fact that the reshoots would have eaten up a lot of the time the visual effects team would have had to work on the final product. That's WB's fault, they probably should have pushed back the release date in truth. With Aquaman not coming out until December I'm sure they could have found a new date somewhere in between.

Or you know, let Snyder release the film WB hired him to make in the first place.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭david75

Saw this last night. I enjoyed it. I don’t know anything about the canon or established universe so I’d be interested to know if the hardcore fans are on board. Cg heavy, story light, popcorn film. Nothing wrong with that. I’m wondering was I seeing Wayne being tired of being Batman. Or Affleck being tired of Batman?
    It was hard to tell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Affleck phoned it in imo. It seems like he's just running down his deal now, which I think has 1 more film.

Affleck phoned it in imo. It seems like he's just running down his deal now, which I think has 1 more film.

He’s not directing the standalone batman film now is he?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

david75 wrote: »
    Nope, Matt Reaves is.

No official word on if Affleck is going to be in it at all either. Speculation goes both ways on it. Seems to be be Reaves wants to set it in the 80s or 90s with a younger batman and there is some speculation that it could be a younger version of the Afflect Batman, with Affleck having some sort of role setting the story up.

• Advertisement

Nope, Matt Reaves is.

No official word on if Affleck is going to be in it at all either. Speculation goes both ways on it. Seems to be be Reaves wants to set it in the 80s or 90s with a younger batman and there is some speculation that it could be a younger version of the Afflect Batman, with Affleck having some sort of role setting the story up.

That sounds cool.
    Like I said. I couldn’t tell if he was playing Wayne being tired of Batman or if he himself was. WW says to him you can’t do this forever. But even apart from that he seemed tired.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

superman lip weirdness in the very first scene?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SuprSi

Mr Freeze wrote: »
    This film has some of the worst CGI, Steffanwolf didn't even look to have fully rendered in some of those scenes at the end.

I am no fan of Snyder, but the reshot scenes that were badly edited in did not improve anything, just made it worse.

100% agree about the CGI for Steppenwolf, it was really poor throughout, particularly if compared to Snoke in TLJ, which I thought was superb.

Also, why does the Flash have to run like he does, with those stupid elongated strides? It looks ridiculous. Could he not just have the running style of a normal person, but sped up? Unless that's how the comic books depict him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

SuprSi wrote: »
    100% agree about the CGI for Steppenwolf, it was really poor throughout, particularly if compared to Snoke in TLJ, which I thought was superb.

Also, why does the Flash have to run like he does, with those stupid elongated strides? It looks ridiculous. Could he not just have the running style of a normal person, but sped up? Unless that's how the comic books depict him.

His running style would be exaggerated in the comics too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

Here's hoping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,544 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

The Digital HD release of JL will be out on iTunes from the 23rd of January. Pre-orders are now up for the movie.

https://itunes.apple.com/ie/movie/justice-league/id1305325242

https://batman-news.com/2018/01/02/justice-league-digital-hd-january-30-itunes/

We might get some indication on that date from WB about what will be included in the Blu-ray including looking at the release date, extended cuts or deleted scenes etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,793 ✭✭✭FunLover18

david75 wrote: »
    Nope, Matt Reaves is.

99% sure it was confirmed Affleck won't be in it.

Ok; I did not expect to read this at all. A peaceful protest about the release of Snyder's cut for JL on home video will take place outside WB studios on Saturday.

https://cinemacure.wordpress.com/2018/01/04/dc-fans-will-peacefully-protest-for-the-snyder-cut-in-front-of-wb-at-l-a-on-jan-6/

Ok; I did not expect to read this at all. A peaceful protest about the release of Snyder's cut for JL on home video will take place outside WB studios on Saturday.

https://cinemacure.wordpress.com/2018/01/04/dc-fans-will-peacefully-protest-for-the-snyder-cut-in-front-of-wb-at-l-a-on-jan-6/

Edit: The Youtuber Itzmoe who organised this event with her fellow cosplayers, held outside WB Studios in California on Saturday, has now said that the event was a photo op not a peaceful protest. She did say that the group did not have a protest march outside the studio as they only took a group photograph.

ds4vxejvaaajs2q-large.jpg?w=1000

Sorry Itzmoe for the mix-up. That was the wrong word to use for this type of event. I will mind my words next time. :o

I heard some more news about JL earlier tonight.

There is now going to be apparently an extra 15 minute cut available on Blu-ray. On reading this; I'm glad that WB are now trying to do something about the cut of the movie. But I wished that it could have been a little bit longer as 15 minutes is too short to try & tell the plot of this movie in a proper way. Maybe an extra 25 or 30 minutes to add to the movie like what we have seen in BvS UE could have been more do-able to allow the movie make more sense for the fans.

https://batman-news.com/2018/01/07/justice-league-extended-cut-hinted-at-by-amazon-listing/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Nope, Matt Reaves is.

Who could play a young batman? Can't think of any young actor in his 20's that could do it.

JamboMac wrote: »
    Nope, Matt Reaves is.

Who could play a young batman? Can't think of any young actor in his 20's that could do it.

I heard rumours that they wanted Jake Gyllenhal.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

They could always go back to the original George Miller version from aeons ago, and hire Arnie Hammer...

I have watched this three times now.

It has to be the worst superheroes film ever. No sense at all why anyone does anything.
    Not related to comics much.
    Superman is so over powered. CGI if superman so much that it ruins the rest of the scenes. Dodgy accent for re shoots.
    No coherent plot, at all.

Only good bit was I met Michael Melhatton at the weekend in IKEA and Even he said it was rubbish.

Only good bit was I met Michael Melhatton at the weekend in IKEA and Even he said it was rubbish.

Ouch!! I can imagine he was ridiculously overpaid for that brief cameo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Ouch!! I can imagine he was ridiculously overpaid for that brief cameo.

He was actually quite good in it. Hopefully lead to bigger roles for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

FunLover18 wrote: »
    I heard rumours that they wanted Jake Gyllenhal.

He's nearly 40! ... and would be by the time a Batman movie involving him is released. Not a great choice if they're going down the "young Batman" route. I mean... he's not that much younger than Ben Affleck... even more so when you consider its over 2 years since Affleck shot BvS as "old Batman".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,195 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

A lot of it made no sense Superman didn't need the lightning to come back to life why did the dirt rise at the end of BvS? No mention of Lois being the key yet Batman uses her as the anchor for Supermans humanity the montage of Steppenwolfs first battle and the whole mother box just crapped all over anything from the comics, worse than Superman Returns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 640 ✭✭✭rtron

A lot of it made no sense Superman didn't need the lightning to come back to life why did the dirt rise at the end of BvS?
    The dirt rise was to signify a heartbeat.Telling the audience that Superman was not dead.In other lore Superman can have a heart rate once every 30 mins/days (can't remember the exact amount) when regenerating.

rtron wrote: »
    A lot of it made no sense Superman didn't need the lightning to come back to life why did the dirt rise at the end of BvS?
    The dirt rise was to signify a heartbeat.Telling the audience that Superman was not dead.In other lore Superman can have a heart rate once every 30 mins/days (can't remember the exact amount) when regenerating.

But he didn't regenerate nor was he in the process of regeneration, he was dead. The earth rising at the end of BVS makes no sense.

The JL blu-ray bonus scenes will only be an extra 1 minute & 51 seconds.

https://screenrant.com/justice-league-deleted-scenes-runtime/

So much for the badly needed "15" minutes. :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,279 ✭✭✭techdiver

The JL blu-ray bonus scenes will only be an extra 1 minute & 51 seconds.

https://screenrant.com/justice-league-deleted-scenes-runtime/

So much for the badly needed "15" minutes. :(

Sounds like WB know they ****ed up the movie with their bull**** meddling and want to bury any
    remanence of the original film or its story.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

techdiver wrote: »
    Sounds like WB know they ****ed up the movie with their bull**** meddling and want to bury any
    remanence of the original film or its story.

Agreed...

I really enjoyed Snyder’s universe, WB tried to hard to appeal to the masses that really want them to be the exact same as marvel and ended up with the worst movie of the franchise.

I'm past the frustration at this stage.

I don't think it's as cut and dry as sniffing that the studio are trying to bury Synder's version; the whole appearance of Whedon only came to pass because of the awful tragedy that befell Synder and his wife. Maybe in time there'll be an alternative cut but IIRC we don't know how complete Synders version was, how much Whedon rewrote, and I'd be surprised if he was willing to revisit something that was part of a very tragic, terrible time in his life.

I don't think anyone can really say for certain what happened. It's a shame really. There's the makings of an award winning documentary somewhere in the vaults of WB that will never see the light of day.

Here's a deleted scene.

Don't think there's a black suit there, looks like his normal suit and Zod's armour to me.

Will say this however......ain't it good to hear Zimmer's score again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

Here's a deleted scene.

Don't think there's a black suit there, looks like his normal suit and Zod's armour to me.

Will say this however......ain't it good to hear Zimmer's score again.

That was a lovely scene. I’m so disappointed that it was not 100% Snyder movie because bits like this could of replaced the likes of the Russian family in the House crap!

Doh never mind. Took a screenshot and zoomed in....black suit alright. I'm blind. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭micks_address

Just watched tonight for the first time. Much better than batman versus superman.. Wonder woman is solid and the others to.. I thought cyborg would be naff but was grand and enjoyed Miller as the flash.. Probably felt a bit short..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Wailin

I have watched this three times now.

It has to be the worst superheroes film ever.

I don't know one person who hates a movie but will watch it 2 more times...bit baffling really :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Some of these photos of Cavill's CGI'd out moustache are cracking me up

supermans-cgi-mouth-henry-cavill-justice-league-2.jpg

supermans-cgi-mouth-henry-cavill-justice-league-8.jpg

supermans-cgi-mouth-henry-cavill-justice-league-6.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭kerplun k

The thing that kills me here is that it had such a detrimental effect on the film. surely it would have been better to abandon any cavill reshoots and go with the original plan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Watched this tonight. It's a decent film, better than BvS. Never noticed Superman's cgi lip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,918 ✭✭✭nix

Wait.... WHAT?! Why are they CGIing his lip? did he eat a grenade?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

This showed up on my youtube
    Justice League (2017)
    Clip: Superman vs Justice League
    Rescored Audio Track "AB Director": https://www.youtube.com/user/ABdirector
    Music: Hans Zimmer & Junkie XL (Man of Steel OST 2013)

Music feels like it works in the screen

nix wrote: »
    Wait.... WHAT?! Why are they CGIing his lip? did he eat a grenade?

Long story short: when the justice league reshoots started, Henry Cavill was off filming the latest Mission Impossible movie. Part of his contract for that stipulated he had to have a fully grown moustache (seriously ) and Paramount refused to allow Cavill to shave it for the reshoots. Thus he played superman with it intact, Warners having to hire some CGI artists to airbrush out the soup strainer in post production. With ludicrous results.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Slydice wrote: »
    This showed up on my youtube

Music feels like it works in the screen

That scene is unreal , the movie is like, a few really good scenes with poo holding them together

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

mightyreds wrote: »
    That scene is unreal , the movie is like, a few really good scenes with poo holding them together

I had to do a double take... yes I wrote 'screen' when I meant 'scene' :o:):rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,805 ✭✭✭mightyreds

Slydice wrote: »
    I had to do a double take... yes I wrote 'screen' when I meant 'scene' :o:):rolleyes:

LOL yeah I was a bit lost at that sentence, never even crossed my mind it meant scene:pac:

Advertisement