Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Justice League **Spoilers from post 980 onward**

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭ThePott

I would assume that too just surprised they haven't been more forthcoming, for advertising if nothing else.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

The 1 minute character teasers that Snyder's been releasing via Twitter the last couple of days, definitely have my interest. The one for The Flash might just be my favourite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭ManOfMystery

Lot of Darkseid in this one. Put it on high-res!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,258 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

His voice sounds A1, just how I imagined it to be.

• Registered Users Posts: 522 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

I'd say it will go up on iTunes, Google Play, Sky Store and any other of the pay ones.

I'm kind of hoping that's the case, but wonder how long we'll have to wait before we'll get it on these shores......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

So HBO accidently uploaded The Snyder Cut instead of Tom & Jerry earlier. The film was up for over an hour :eek:

https://twitter.com/TheRyanParker/status/1369058573632729097

Someone needs to be fired over that. Might seem harsh but I'm sure a lot goes into such an "accident" and it's sticking the finger up at what HBO Max are trying to do for 2021.

Does beg the question now will the release be moved up.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Presumably, it wasn't up long enough for hobbying swashbucklers to nab it; but yeah, for sure someone's getting fired for that action, be it a genuine blunder or sabotage. Honestly, I'd be quicker to think the former as working in the IT sector it can be too easy to pick the wrong package and click "deploy" :D

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

pixelburp wrote: »
    Presumably, it wasn't up long enough for hobbying swashbucklers to nab it; but yeah, for sure someone's getting fired for that action, be it a genuine blunder or sabotage. Honestly, I'd be quicker to think the former as working in the IT sector it can be too easy to pick the wrong package and click "deploy" :D

Was on the platform for an hour, before someone realized, according to the wrap....

https://www.thewrap.com/zack-snyders-justice-league-accidentally-leaks-on-hbo-max/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,312 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

So multiple people admitted to being so keen to watch Tom & Jerry on a Monday morning that they got it as soon as it went up?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 25,184 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I'm waiting for the traumatised kids, who were being babysat by T&J, to come out of the woodwork.

It's just mad that it would slip through. You'd think they would have a couple of eyes on anything that is being uploaded to make sure.

Twitterati already speculating WB leaked it lol

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Hanlon's Razor must always apply in these scenarios, I doubt wb need more publicity than justice league has already enjoyed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,306 ✭✭✭✭Drumpot

I suppose the question I would be wondering is whether or not this is a bad thing. If there was a backlash because the footage was unsuitable for kids watching Tom and Jerry , maybe it could be perceived as a bad gaff.

But if there is little to nothing negative , then this is only been a positive because it’s generated relatively free publicity.

I’m so glad I never got into Twitter and other media platforms. There’s enough dumb crazy nonsense on boards to fill that void for me. :pac:

Drumpot wrote: »
    I suppose the question I would be wondering is whether or not this is a bad thing. If there was a backlash because the footage was unsuitable for kids watching Tom and Jerry , maybe it could be perceived as a bad gaff.

But if there is little to nothing negative , then this is only been a positive because it’s generated relatively free publicity.

I’m so glad I never got into Twitter and other media platforms. There’s enough dumb crazy nonsense on boards to fill that void for me. :pac:

I don't believe they leaked it personally, but so far the reaction has been very mixed - not so much about the quality of the film itself, the focus all seems to be on poor CGi. But it remains to be seen if this was the finished product leaked or an early screener.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,452 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Ah I think getting fired for that would be a bit harsh. If anything the exposure for T&J and JL is good business.

I suspect it was some little disgruntled clown on the way out the door.

Serious embarrassment for the platform anyway, wouldn't see it on any other streaming platform.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,312 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I don't believe they leaked it personally, but so far the reaction has been very mixed - not so much about the quality of the film itself, the focus all seems to be on poor CGi. But it remains to be seen if this was the finished product leaked or an early screener.

I'm wondering how many people actually saw for there to be much of a reaction? It was up for an hour for a film that had a different target audience

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I'm wondering how many people actually saw for there to be much of a reaction? It was up for an hour for a film that had a different target audience

Enough for twitter to be awash with leaks. Apparently Martian Manhunter images are doing the rounds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

https://twitter.com/kryptonscodex/status/1369338752896794627?s=21

Apparently it’s gonna be on the normal Sky Cinema channels so no need to purchase for anyone with a sub for that or NOW TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭ThePott

Can't believe it leaked. The conspiracy stuff makes no sense and to be entirely honest, it's probably the most talk I've seen the cut get recently so might have unintentionally been a positive seeing as it doesn't aaoear to have made it to the high seas.

Drumpot wrote: »
    Boards has got nothing on twitter and elsewhere, it truly is fascinating to see how many stupid people are willing to put their head above the parapet, myself included :eek:
    At this stage, less than a fort night left, you'd hope there was little to be done and if it wasn't finished, then it wouldn't be on the HBO servers.
    ItsHoggie wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/kryptonscodex/status/1369338752896794627?s=21

Apparently it’s gonna be on the normal Sky Cinema channels so no need to purchase for anyone with a sub for that or NOW TV.
    I presume you will have to pay something on top of your NOW TV sub?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

CramCycle wrote: »
    I presume you will have to pay something on top of your NOW TV sub?

I wouldn’t think so, if it’s going to be shown on the normal Sky Movie channels then it would be included with your normal subscription like every other movie they show, unless it’s different for this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

"available exclusively on Sky Cinema in the UK, Ireland, Germany and Austria"

Eh, what?! So no other streaming service/digital store is getting it? Bit mental, but whatever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

Well that is me out.

I will wait until it goes retail.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭Need a Username

"available exclusively on Sky Cinema in the UK, Ireland, Germany and Austria"

Eh, what?! So no other streaming service/digital store is getting it? Bit mental, but whatever.

I’m assuming it is exclusive for a few months only and that It will eventually go to other stores

I’m assuming it is exclusive for a few months only and that It will eventually go to other stores

Ah no I figured that, but what a jip all the same!
    No HBO Max internationally and putting it exclusively on Sky Cinema. Way to limit your audience and income WB :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

It will be exclusive for one month just like on HBOMax and then open to pay sites like iTunes, Google Pay etc I'd imagine.

Guess sky was the obvious destination for UK/Ire given most of the other platforms are competitors.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,543 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

I knew that was going to happen. It wasn't a surprise to hear this when Sky officially have all of the HBO content shown here on their platform.

There won't be be any 4K Blu-ray release of this movie until late May. Source: NDTV

Now I probably would have to avoid all of the spoilers before I see this film. Thanks WB.

Ugh so I'll have to settle with adding the entertainment pass on NOW TV. I really need to do a cull of my subscriptions after watching this. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭El Duda

Does anyone actually think this is going to be good?

El Duda wrote: »

I think that unlike the theatrical version, it'll be a complete, unabridged vision from someone who has a clear authorial vision - now whether it's a good or bad vision is in the eyes of the beholder.

My expectations are near non existent because I find Synder's super seriousness dull and tedious, but I'm nothing if not curious. I expect the return of the Knightmare setting to blow the pacing out of the water though

• Advertisement

Yes - Enjoyed Man of Steel and BvS Ultimate Edition.

I like Snyder's style - I feel it leads itself to comic book movies really well.

His stories can be a bit out there or mad but I am watching a movie about an Alien fighting an Alien who has come back from the dead and teamed up with his Earth friends, who also have powers or are rich. Let it get mad.

I know for sure I'll be entertained one way or another.

Also I am delighted that a director has been given more room to make his actual vision. You would think WB would have learned from the theatrical release of BvS or Suicide Squad, that maybe they should trust the director they hired a bit more and not the studio exe :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

I think it'll be like Man of Steel and Batman V Superman. It'll have elements that are good. It'll have ideas that are good. It'll have performances that are good.

But it'll also be crammed and suffocated by things that really don't need to be in the film. It'll take good ideas and hammer them at you repeatedly. It'll be a lot of style over substance, and even then the style will be mostly grey and in slow-motion.

I don't really know if I expect it to be good, but at the very least I hope it is.

Its going to be better than the original, that is the only thing I am certain of. That does not mean it will be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46,329 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

So if it is on Sky Cinema and NowTV, do you have to pay to watch it on them - or if you have a sub already is it just one of the titles you can pick to watch?

I want to watch this, but I don't really want to fork over premium prices like we have seen with Raya, Wonder Woman etc.

pixelburp wrote: »
    I think that unlike the theatrical version, it'll be a complete, unabridged vision from someone who has a clear authorial vision - now whether it's a good or bad vision is in the eyes of the beholder.

My expectations are near non existent because I find Synder's super seriousness dull and tedious, but I'm nothing if not curious. I expect the return of the Knightmare setting to blow the pacing out of the water though

Ya I think I'll wait for initial feedback. If it seems intriguing I'll give it a go. I'm not guaranteeing I'll finish if it is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Even if it's not, what else is there to watch atm

Ya I think I'll wait for initial feedback. If it seems intriguing I'll give it a go. I'm not guaranteeing I'll finish if it is.

The big factor for me is with a 4 month old in the house, watching a 4 hour movie will likely take about a week of intermittent sittings lol. 2 hour flicks can take 3+ hours depending on the wee fellas mood, so I am kinda still doing the mental math of I want to spend my previous free time on the ultimate Synder movie :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

So if it is on Sky Cinema and NowTV, do you have to pay to watch it on them - or if you have a sub already is it just one of the titles you can pick to watch?

I want to watch this, but I don't really want to fork over premium prices like we have seen with Raya, Wonder Woman etc.

If you're already subscribed, there's no extra cost. I can't believe people are complaining. For most subscribers like myself, it's basically free content.

If you're already subscribed, there's no extra cost. I can't believe people are complaining. For most subscribers like myself, it's basically free content.

I have a sub for Amazon, Netflix, Disney and Apple. I already have Sky TV (mainly for Sky Atlantic and boxsets), so Sky Cinema is really the only thing I'm not subscribed to. I wonder would their free 7 day trial cover a premier like this?

Still, I don't fancy shelling out €15 just to watch one movie in glorious 720p (Now TV still isn't even 1080p here, right?).

I think I'll wait however long until its available to rent on some other service in 1080 or 4k HDR :pac:

I think if you're a comic book fan it would very hard to resist the spectacle of the film if nothing else.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,673 ✭✭✭✭senordingdong

I want to watch bvs ultimate edition beforehand.
    Does anybody know if it's on any digital platforms?
    I really don't want to buy a dvd.

I want to watch bvs ultimate edition beforehand.
    Does anybody know if it's on any digital platforms?
    I really don't want to buy a dvd.

Ultimate edition can be purchased on google Film. That's where I got it anyway.

Is there much of a difference between cuts (in regards BVsS). Ive seen a load of youtube cuts (for the ending) that do a better job than the theatrical version so wondering is there any benefit to watching it.

Is there much of a difference between cuts (in regards BVsS). Ive seen a load of youtube cuts (for the ending) that do a better job than the theatrical version so wondering is there any benefit to watching it.

Even as a Batman fan primarily I was annoyed at Superman's non existence in the theatrical cut of BvS. The UC goes a long way to rectify that.

I liked the BvS extended cut a lot more than the theatrical release. I understood more why there was tension between Clark and Bruce, I actually thought the whole plot was a lot less muddled. If you didn’t hate BvS it’s worth watching IMO.

• Advertisement
Advertisement