Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Justice League **Spoilers from post 980 onward**

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Just to remind everyone, there's a separate thread for discussing the Man of Steel sequel. For orderliness sake, it might be best to take all the Affleck/Batman discussion over there and leave this thread for discussing any Justice League film news, which from the looks of it is still another 4 or 5 years away. Depending how Snyder's film turns out, there could be another actor playing Batman by then.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057010899

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,923 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

Just to remind everyone, there's a separate thread for discussing the Man of Steel sequel. For orderliness sake, it might be best to take all the Affleck/Batman discussion over there and leave this thread for discussing any Justice League film news, which from the looks of it is still another 4 or 5 years away. Depending how Snyder's film turns out, there could be another actor playing Batman by then.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057010899

Perhaps one DC Film thread instead ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

McLoughlin wrote: »
    Perhaps one DC Film thread instead ?

Covering both the MoS sequel and JL? That might be a bit too general. The MoS2 thread will get very busy as release approaches, so it needs its own thread.

Nobody really expected them to reboot Batman in the MoS sequel, so a lot of new Batman discussion got merged into this thread which created a bit of a mess. I'd rather not lock this thread but there's no point having two threads in which everyone is talking about the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,951 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

Not sure about this at all, but we will wait and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Gintonious wrote: »
    Not sure about this at all, but we will wait and see.

I'm sure he knows what he's doing, if too many people start talking about man of steel 2 in this thread, he may end up locking it or moving them.

:D:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Covering both the MoS sequel and JL? That might be a bit too general. The MoS2 thread will get very busy as release approaches, so it needs its own thread.

Nobody really expected them to reboot Batman in the MoS sequel, so a lot of new Batman discussion got merged into this thread which created a bit of a mess. I'd rather not lock this thread but there's no point having two threads in which everyone is talking about the same thing.

The thing is though, the casting of Affleck will probably mean he's in the JLA movie too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Otacon wrote: »
    The thing is though, the casting of Affleck will probably mean he's in the JLA movie too.

Would it be an "old" batman in the JLA movie too?
    I wouldnt have though so. Although it would makemore sense, in the way that Marvel did the Avengers.

I'm not saying he's old, like Magneto deemed himself to be in X-Men.
    I mean like this - http://io9.com/ben-affleck-will-play-an-older-batman-fighting-the-youn-1186466053
    Although Affleck is just 41 years old, he's still playing the older Batman from The Dark Knight Returns, opposite the newbie Superman played by Henry Cavill (aged 30).

In Justice League, he's in his late 20's, isn't he?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

Interesting casting. I certainly think Affleck is capable of portraying every layer of the character (eccentric billionaire, bad ass detective). But, I'm not sure he'll reach this potential with Snyder/Goyer.

I can only hope this indicates that they've put together something special, otherwise I can't see why Affleck would take such a risk when he has no real need to.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

http://insidemovies.ew.com/2014/04/27/justice-league-movie-to-follow-batmansuperman-in-2018/

Warner Bros. says it is going to try again to create a big-screen version of Justice League, the long-demanded, occasionally attempted team-up between Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Green Lantern and other iconic DC superheroes.
    In an interview with the Wall Street Journal, the studio’s production president Greg Silverman confirmed that Zack Snyder would follow-up his 2016 Batman/Superman movie with this one, delivering Justice League to theaters sometime in 2018

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,656 ✭✭✭norrie rugger

I can't see why Affleck would take such a risk when he has no real need to.

because he's Batman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,537 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Is there a newer Justice League thread? I can't find another.

First official photo:

justice-league.0.0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

And a trailer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

Well theres humour for sure. Like the look of the flash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,464 ✭✭✭e_e

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,930 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

And a trailer!

Looks good, few similarities to Marvels Avengers

Never watched Flash and Arrow on TV so these movies will be my introductions to those guys

Can't wait to get a copy of the ultimate edition of BVS on 3D Blu Ray next weekend (well prob the first week of Aug as 3d blu rays are hard to pick up in stores and I have to get it off Amazon)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

e_e wrote: »

I .. I don't get it :(

I've googled arthur and batman but can't find any relative, just arthur reeves
    Is it cos Arthur sounds like Martha?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

My dick snapped watching that

Cannot...****ing...wait

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Might want to head to a nearby A+E pal ^^^^

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Why does this have to be so far away.... Can't wait

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,185 ✭✭✭Ridley

So Aquaman
    "Comes to this village"
    "Comes in the winter when people are hungry"
    "Comes on the king tide"

:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

Flash wins that trailer. Everything else pales in comparison.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,918 ✭✭✭nix

Why is Snyder still allowed near this franchise??? :confused: :mad: :*(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,012 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Just having Superman in the poster is stupid. As ****tilly done as it was, they really should have dragged that out more, and at least had it as an end credit scene in Wonder Woman

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭FortuneChip

"So, people thought BvS was too brooding. Let's make Bruce super chill, and maybe add in plenty of humour. At least for the trailer"

This isn't a criticism on the trailer, it's a much needed step, it's just clear they took on board some of the issues raised over BvS.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Wow, the difference in tone between this and BvS is pretty jarring, Batman being the most obvious demonstration of this with his jaded snarkiness. It's definitely an improvement on everything else from the DC film universe so far, and given the level of humour and spark in that trailer it definitely felt like some damage control on the part of DC to get fans, casual or hardcore,back on-board. This version of Barry Allen is interesting though; cocky but feels like they're angling for a slightly 'autistic' portrayal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Its like they copied and pasted the Tony Stark-Peter Parker scene and swapped in Bruce Wayne and the flash

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

pixelburp wrote: »
    Wow, the difference in tone between this and BvS is pretty jarring, Batman being the most obvious demonstration of this with his jaded snarkiness. It's definitely an improvement on everything else from the DC film universe so far, and given the level of humour and spark in that trailer it definitely felt like some damage control on the part of DC to get fans, casual or hardcore,back on-board. This version of Barry Allen is interesting though; cocky but feels like they're angling for a slightly 'autistic' portrayal.

Jarring though it is, it's ultimately welcome and I think as their universe continues, DC is really going to try distance those first two films from its canon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Barry Allen has good taste in tv :D

http://imgur.com/gallery/DOx8D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Dunno what to make of that trailer, It felt more like Batman recruiting Teen Titans, than a Justice League setup.

The humour is definitely welcome, but I think it would be better if the humour was just coming from the new characters, but going from murderous Batman to Funny Batman is quite odd.
    nix wrote: »
    Why is Snyder still allowed near this franchise??? :confused: :mad: :*(

Couldn't agree more, he is gonna go nuts with the Flash and slow mo.

I don't know if it is just me, but Barry Allen gave off a real ADHD vibe.

• Advertisement

I don't know if it is just me, but Barry Allen gave off a real ADHD vibe.

Seen a few people mention that, I didn't get that from him at all.

You sort of except everything the flash does to be fast, including thinking and speaking, so maybe they are making him appear slightly ADHD to get that across.

As long as they have him eating when ever he gets a chance a few times, like he did in the animated series, I always got a kick out of that.

Maybe not ADHD, but his mannerisms and speech definitely seemed like someone that was on the autism spectrum, somewhat.

Maybe not ADHD, but his mannerisms and speech definitely seemed like someone that was on the autism spectrum, somewhat.

Well I definitely would not have thought that. I don't think he is being played as autistic at all.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,406 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Yeah that seems a bit of a leap to take from that trailer.

On the spectrum is a bit different to being "autistic", in a way, and can include ADHD, but maybe not Asperger's. As someone who is on it, I recognized a lot of the way he spoke/acted.

I should probably clarify - his reluctance to make eye contact with the "I need friends" scene, his speech patterns, and whatnot, all line up with different "symptoms" of being on the spectrum. Again, it's tough to know from a short segment and I might be completely wrong, but it's just the vibe I personally got off of it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,701 ✭✭✭Bacchus

To me, he appears to be being played as a shy but clever geeky teenager with a quirky sense of humour. Reminded me a bit of Spiderman.

The problem with calling a character out as being played as "on the autism spectrum" is that there are hundreds of traits that you could identify. Heck, someone observing me for 24 hours could probably pick out a whole bunch of minor traits but that doesn't mean I'm on the spectrum.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

I found the humour in the trailer far too 'Avenger's type. As much as I was hoping they would add a different nuance to the films, it just came across as very very similar to Marvel's style. Aquaman looks great I thought though and seems to have an interesting story. I just hope it's a not a 'squad one liners' film. Had too many of those already.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Corholio wrote: »
    I found the humour in the trailer far too 'Avenger's type. As much as I was hoping they would add a different nuance to the films, it just came across as very very similar to Marvel's style. Aquaman looks great I thought though and seems to have an interesting story. I just hope it's a not a 'squad one liners' film. Had too many of those already.

I'd say they're trying to strike a balance between the humour/characterisation of the Marvel movies but hopefully still keep the storylines a bit darker and more adult than Marvel.

I appreciated them going darker with BvS (as I think they should be trying to tell different stories than Marvel), but they went way too f*cking dark way too quickly, to the point where some of the stories they were trying to tell simply hadn't been earned.

They need to pull it back a bit, let people have time to get invested in the characters and their relationships, and then the darker storylines have real impact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Penn wrote: »
    I'd say they're trying to strike a balance between the humour/characterisation of the Marvel movies but hopefully still keep the storylines a bit darker and more adult than Marvel.

I appreciated them going darker with BvS (as I think they should be trying to tell different stories than Marvel), but they went way too f*cking dark way too quickly, to the point where some of the stories they were trying to tell simply hadn't been earned.

They need to pull it back a bit, let people have time to get invested in the characters and their relationships, and then the darker storylines have real impact.

I agree. It feels like they have over compensated for the ultra darkness they accelerated towards in BvS and have, at least, in the trailer tried to soften it up again with the humour. I think it's the thing they have to be careful of with Affleck because he's naturally a guy who always looks like he'll rack a smile at the end of every sentence. The order in which they are doing these films hasn't helped them at all either and it remains to be seen whether that will have a lasting impact character wise.

So are we going to have a bonding moment between Bruce and Aquaman, regarding the name Thomas now?

Also are they playing this Barry Allen more like the animated seried Wally West?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

Are all Justice League fans pining their final hopes that finally they might be able to get a DC movie right??

youngblood wrote: »
    Are all Justice League fans pining their final hopes that finally they might be able to get a DC movie right??

I think the general consensus is that we'll have to wait for a post-Snyder world to get a good movie but that Wonder Woman looks like it could be the first hit after a string of misses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Is there going to be green lantern in the film, and is Ryan Reynolds going to have to play him after him being green lantern? Or did he get out of it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,501 ✭✭✭✭Slydice

Rorok wrote: »
    Is there going to be green lantern in the film, and is Ryan Reynolds going to have to play him after him being green lantern? Or did he get out of it

Jump to 7mins into this:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭IncognitoMan

Rorok wrote: »

That version of Green Lantern is gone.

There will be a new one introduced at some stage. I'm not sure if it will be in the 1st justice league film or if they will wait for the 2nd but there's a new Green Lantern film set for 2020.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭youngblood

In retrospect, considering what we've been given, that Green Lantern film wasnt that bad when put alongside BVS MOS etc

youngblood wrote: »
    In retrospect, considering what we've been given, that Green Lantern film wasnt that bad when put alongside BVS MOS etc

Id put MoS ahead of it but Green Lantern was definitely better than BvS and Suicide Squad, imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,294 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Id put MoS ahead of it but Green Lantern was definitely better than BvS and Suicide Squad, imo.

Man I'd put GL down there with Fant4stic Four and XMen Origins: Wolverine as the three worst superhero movies of the last 20 years. BvS and SS, most of my complaints come down to missed opportunities, poor judgement on what the characters should be and fairly poor action scenes.

Green Lantern was just bad. Bad bad bad. It was so bad down to its very core.

Penn wrote: »
    Man I'd put GL down there with Fant4stic Four and XMen Origins: Wolverine as the three worst superhero movies of the last 20 years. BvS and SS, most of my complaints come down to missed opportunities, poor judgement on what the characters should be and fairly poor action scenes.

Green Lantern was just bad. Bad bad bad. It was so bad down to its very core.

Green Lantern is a bad film. Very bad. But it has a very clear narrative. It fumbles a lot and has a CGI suit for some reason but the story is coherent, the title character acts like he should and with purpose and the villain feels like a genuine threat. There's a million things that should have been done better but it beats the crap out of BvS and SS on story alone. Incidentally, the animated movie Green Lantern: First Flight is practically the same film but 10x better.

I notice neither of the Ghost Rider movies are in your bottom 3. Thus Friday night, get yourself a pizza and some beers and give them a go. So bad it's good!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭Rorok

Green lantern was alright. Main problem was casting, they had three people who went to school together who look like 10 years older/younger. The main villain was a cloud and the cgi wasn't the best. But it's funny to watch

Advertisement