Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Any musicians up for setting up an acoustic bluegrass set?

• 08-08-2012 8:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hey just wondering if there's anyone round galway interested in setting up an acoustic bluegrass/blues type set for a bit of fun or maybe lead to something more serious. I play guitar and sing. Would be great to find a fiddle player, banjo, double bass, harmonica, maybe another guitar player aswell or whatever really. I might have a harmonica player lined up already who's apparently quite good. If anyones interested or of knows of anyone let me know. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭NauP

Sounds interesting. I play guitar, bouzouki, mandolin and a little banjo - mostly trad these days. Where you located and rough age group?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Can I play the spoon or Triangle!? Come On!!!! Love bluegrass

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I'll play the other spoon.

Or guitar or something. I've never played bluegrass before, and cannot flatpick at all, but I'd love to try a jam.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,184 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I got's me the Spanish Arch blues! 6 cans, no job and nothin' to lose... eh ehhh? that song writes itself. You can have that! :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 131 ✭✭glord

Im really interested.When to punch brothers gig there a while back.Mostly trad i play but been learning bluegrass guitar online for a while now.am not too bad even if i say so myself!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Mcnor06

I'm 27 and living up around taylors hill/salthill area, been in a band the last year playing rock/blues covers but sadly we're departing eachother. I played rythm guitar and sang. To be honest i'm quite new to bluegrass, but after a few sundays down the salthouse i'm hooked on the whole experience of it. Doesnt seem that complicated. Just nice and easy listening with a few different instruments seems to work well. Let me know if your up for a bit of a getogether soon.
    Cheers,
    Conor

• Registered Users Posts: 23 Stonyhole

Hi I'd be interested in connecting up and see what happens. I'm a guitarist/singer into Rock etc. and Bluegrass and really good country, and have written songs in that style. Used to play in a "Cow Punk" band! Great fun that was! I know a double bass player(and singer) who may be interested, but not sure. PM me and I'll get back to you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 108 ✭✭NauP

Mcnor06 wrote: »
    I'm 27 and living up around taylors hill/salthill area, been in a band the last year playing rock/blues covers but sadly we're departing eachother. I played rythm guitar and sang. To be honest i'm quite new to bluegrass, but after a few sundays down the salthouse i'm hooked on the whole experience of it. Doesnt seem that complicated. Just nice and easy listening with a few different instruments seems to work well. Let me know if your up for a bit of a getogether soon.
    Cheers,
    Conor

I have a few years on you.......but up for giving it a go - pm me details and we can take from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Shaney MacG

Mcnor06 wrote: »
    Cheers,
    Conor

Im up for this if you're still looking..I play Guitar & Bass

Advertisement