Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Walkies Success! (thanks!)

• 08-08-2012 8:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Almost scared to say it... but after a number of days of trying it on and letting him wander round garden to get used it it... (most of the time he was frantically trying to paw it off and chew the dangly bit!) ... I think we may have just had our first successful gentle leader aided walk!!!! :D

Have been struggling with my lab/poodle Labradoodle (choose whatever floats yer boat) on walks for the last two months and now after a recent injury have been pawning off walking duties on the other (stronger) half!

Until today!

He didn't have even half of his usual strength - am sure he's pooped wi th heat today as well though - but he didn't want to pull at all!

With extremely sore swollen knee i was worried about going on even a short trial walkies but am soo delighted now - its first walk me and Fred have had together in ages because he was way too strong for me with an injury.

So Happy happy special collar walking days! :) and thanks for the reassurance to all of you who mentioned these collars on here in one post or another - otherwise I probably wouldnt have believed it might work.

So just thought I'd share in case anyone else is up against it!

He's still wriggling a good bit every time we pause at all but then once we get going again I think he's happy he's on the move nd forgets. So just wondering if anyone has any tips on how it might go from here? He's tried the sitting down thing and I'm watching him like a hawk in case he gets the nose loop off with his paw but otherwise am hoping there's no other resistance tactic he might land me with?! Hopefully will be confident enough to take him out of estate and proper walk again soon.

Advertisement