Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Personality vs Looks

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭girl in the striped socks

Bad Panda wrote: »
    I'm curvy.
    But I'm not fat.
    Whoops made a great reference to Kelly brook.

A lot women describe themselves as curvy when they're actually fat/obese.

Post some pictures for clarification. :D
    I'd rather not. And I don't know how.
    I'm not fat or obese. But if I wear certain clothes I can look fat or pregnant.
    The joys of big knockers.

No, no pics. And I really don't know how to post them anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

Bad Panda wrote: »
    I'm so gorgeous they put me under arrest!
    You spelted dirty old man wrong.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

There's an album on your profile where you can put em.

Gwan I had the guts to do it, and I look like a foot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,207 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

Festy wrote: »
    Every hole is a goal :cool:

So i should have sex with someones ear? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

No, go for the nostril.

There's an album on your profile where you can put em.

Gwan I had the guts to do it, and I look like a foot.
    Not a hope.
    I spend most of my time hoping people avoid noticing my tits. I'm not going to post a pic of myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

I wasn't being serious! :)

Not a hope.
    I spend most of my time hoping people avoid noticing my tits. I'm not going to post a pic of myself.

Photoshop them out. Y:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭Festy

Why not.:)

• Advertisement

Not a hope.

Photoshop them out. Y:pac:
    I don't know how to upload photos, I'm on a phone & you want photoshop too????
    Boards has gotten very demanding :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

You can't have sex with someone's personality but you sure can ride an ugly person.

I don't know how to upload photos, I'm on a phone & you want photoshop too????
    Boards has gotten very demanding :)

Don't worry, I have amazingly low standards. You can use ms paint if you wish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

Give me Cameron Diaz, she's is both very cute, and always comes across as a real down to earth lady who would be great craic to spend a weekend with!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Mr Keek wrote: »
    Give me Cameron Diaz, she's is both very cute, and always comes across as a real down to earth lady who would be great craic to spend a weekend with!

Does this have anything to do with the thread topic at all?:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

I'd like a Lamborghini.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭Mr Keek

Eathrin wrote: »
    Does this have anything to do with the thread topic at all?:confused:

Personality Vs Looks

Why settle, She's a great example of both??

EDIT***** Whoops, I got the wrong impression from the thread. If I had to choose for myself, i'll take half and half so!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭Jellicoe

she always comes across as a real down to earth lady

Cripes I wouldn't like to see your version of not down to earth. That passive aggressive act thing doesn't do anything for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,348 ✭✭✭✭starlit

I'm in between on this, yes attraction is a first instant for me but personality by a long shot, I need to be able to click and get on with the said person for a mutual interest and mutual attraction to happen and of course some kind of spark.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,940 ✭✭✭Corkfeen

Riddle101 wrote: »
    Really good looking with no personality. I don't mind her having no personality, makes it easier for me tbh. However if it was a good looking woman with a b!tchy personality, i'd only do her the once and then kick her out:D.

I'd only be with a woman who was ugly with a great personality to make me look good when I stand beside her. Also if I just wanted to chat.
    I couldn't help but judge you as I read that.... :P

doovdela wrote: »
    I'm in between on this, yes attraction is a first instant for me but personality by a long shot, I need to be able to click and get on with the said person for a mutual interest and mutual attraction to happen and of course some kind of spark.

You're right. You need both or it doesn't work. Personality adds a huge amount to someone being attractive though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 901 ✭✭✭Vicar in a tutu

There has to be some attraction obviously, but when it boils down to it theres nothing worse than someone good looking that's as dull as dishwater:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,301 ✭✭✭Daveysil15

syndeyfife wrote: »
    Yes definitely. Tall and funny, and he could be a munter for all I care!!
    Cannot be with a man thats smaller than me, makes him seem less manly. Im 5'10'' so anything around 6' is good! Taller the better

Maybe you should move to Holland.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,293 ✭✭✭1ZRed

Ideally I'd like both.
    I'm attracted to good looking people like everyone but personality really seals the deal with me. I couldn't get with someone purely based on how good looking they were and ignore their lack of personality. Long term anyway.

Although if their personality is too over the top nice then no, I'd sooner take the hot arrogant asshole over them if only for the night. Overly nice people are just shit in bed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

It depends really. In general, I'd be won over by a nice guy that isn't so great looking over a gorgeous guy that acted like a dickhead.

I think it depends on the situation, really. If your in a nightclub, its impossible not to be shallow. If a munter comes up to trying to dance with you, you aren't going to be thinking "Well he might be a really nice guy!".

I wasn't initially attracted to my boyfriend at all, but the more I got to know him, and realised how genuinely nice and caring he was, the more attracted to him I became.

A bit of both is nice but I'd probably go for personality over looks.

1ZRed wrote: »
    Overly nice people are just shit in bed.

I don't see how there's a correlation bewteen one's personality and their sexual prowess. Sometimes the nice or quite ones are the ones to look out for. If anything its the people who brag about their ability that are useless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Once a persons true personality begins to shine through to you, you'll see very little faults in them. Looks and everything. :) they just become beautiful to you...
    I don't know, that's how I've always saw it. So I guess the first one, looks don't compare to a brilliant personality, they all come together in the end I've always felt. :)

Daveysil15 wrote: »
    I don't see how there's a correlation bewteen one's personality and their sexual prowess. Sometimes the nice or quite ones are the ones to look out for. If anything its the people who brag about their ability that are useless.

I mean the really nice, like never a bad thing about them nice types that are bad in bed. Actually bad is the wrong word. Boring usually. I like someone who has an edge that carries on into bed. It's way better and more adventurous I've found plus it's way hotter to me.
    I'm not bragging at all. That's just what I like.

Why do you need to be on the look for the nice quiet ones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I mean the really nice, like never a bad thing about them nice types that are bad in bed. Actually bad is the wrong word. Boring usually. I like someone who has an edge that carries on into bed. It's way better and more adventurous I've found plus it's way hotter to me.

So how many really really really nice people have you been to bed with? How did you overcome your fondness for nice ones and make the great leap to bedding the edgy/ adventurous types?

I'm not saying anyone needs to be on the look out for the nice quite ones, but someone could be very nice or even shy, and still be an animal in bed. A man could be an edgy good looking adventurous bad boy, but still be a pre-mature ejaculator. A good shag for one person may be a terrible shag for another.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭BunShopVoyeur

A little from column A, a little from column B.

cantdecide wrote: »
    So how many really really really nice people have you been to bed with? How did you overcome your fondness for nice ones and make the great leap to bedding the edgy/ adventurous types?

The odd few and they were in between people I would be more compatible with (on a personality level) so I didn't overcome them or make a leap anywhere. They were more or less ons or casual.
    Daveysil15 wrote: »
    I'm not saying anyone needs to be on the look out for the nice quite ones, but someone could be very nice or even shy, and still be an animal in bed. A man could be an edgy good looking adventurous bad boy, but still be a pre-mature ejaculator. A good shag for one person may be a terrible shag for another.

But by nature I've found the quiet and shy people are more reserved and not as confident in bed, initially. If they were confident, they wouldn't be shy. Of course I don't get pissed off or anything and take it easier to make them feel more comfortable but with people more outgoing, I never had to and they give me a good challenge, which I like.
    That's true about some guys but you could say that about any guy in whatever circumstance to make this sort of argument more valid.
    For me, sex is good with good compatibility and if the pair are slightly miss matched then yeah, a good shag for me could be terrible for another but that's a bit of a stupid statement tbh with you man.

For me, sex is good with good compatibility.

Exactly, you have to be compatible. A reserved woman could have a fling with a confident adventurous man, and the sex could still be disappointing for her. Saying that the nice ones are crap is bed is kind of a pointless statement, because as you said, "sex is good with good compatibility."

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,144 ✭✭✭Scanlas The 2nd

I'd choose good looking for sex and find friends of both gender with good personalities if they were my only two options.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

You can't have one without the other....just doesn't work imo.

tan11ie wrote: »

So what would your advice be to ugly people?

tan11ie wrote: »

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,327 ✭✭✭Madam_X

The question was would you be ugly, not just plain/average, or good-looking. I'd go for good-looking for sure if my choice was that limited. But if it was a choice of good-looking and thick, or average-looking and good personality, I'd be the latter every time.

The mens height thing has popped up again - what's the problem with a person having a preference they can't control?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

"I can't have sex with your personality and I can't put my penis in your college degree" Jon Lajoie

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

It's much easier to convince yourself that you have a good personality than to convince yourself that you are good-looking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,520 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

You can look in a mirror and know you don't look the best, but I'm not sure you can know you have a bad personality. I'm confused now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

I'd rather be attractive and stupid.

But then I'm ugly and smart so that would stand to reason. I'm sure the tragically dumb but gorgeous people wish they were smarter. We always want what we don't have.

Everyone has a personality so thats a bit of a nonsense question. When people say a person has "no personality" it really just means they don't like them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭tan11ie

What one might find ugly another could find beautiful..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I like a bit of booth tho any woman can be attractive with a half decent sense of style...

So this thread is some what flawed

Advertisement