Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No work in 5th year done:s how much work will i need to do this year

• 08-08-2012 9:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

basically i had alot going on in 5th year missed an awful lot of time and the course and now im worried

how much time would i need to put in each night and starting when to get to a good standard for the leaving?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 850 ✭✭✭0mega

You could always start catching up on what you missed now if you're worried?

I think catching up on last year's work is more important than stressing about how hard you'll have to work next year, because if you've missed a big part of some of the courses you may not get the time to even go over them properly in 6th year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 144 ✭✭Chris.Buckley

well I did no work in fifth year, and continued to do no work in sixth year and what I can tell you is that it's much more fun. but no, if you cop on you should be grand. it's easier than you think to pull yourself together. I didn't start doing anything until the march and did grand like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 923 ✭✭✭biohaiid

I think the most important thing is not to stress.
    I certainly didn't do a lot of work in 5th, either did most people I know.
    Realistically, the most important work you put in is gonna be from christmas of 6th year onwards.
    I didn't start studying til' the mocks, and even then it wasn't full on, and I got myself covered and felt I did well!
    So just relax.
    Do your homework, learn each thing as you go along, and make sure to clear up any confusions early on.
    I never followed a timetable, it just didn't suit me.
    But you could try one if you want.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭amyleaving

I did alot of work in 5th year and then not much in 6th year so thats not good either! I would start now if your worried? some people say enjoy the summer and all but if your going to worry about it when you start sixth year i think that is more stress , just do an hour here and there , whenever you feel you are doing nothing , if you are worrying though that usually means you care so you will work fine in sixth year :)

Advertisement