Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carpet shops

Options
  • 08-08-2012 9:35pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hey folks.

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a carpet shop in town. We need to replace the stairs and landing carpet as it's manky. I'm looking for decent service and price mostly (most places have similar ranges).

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭antoobrien

Das Kitty wrote: »
    Hey folks.

Just wondering if anyone could recommend a carpet shop in town.

My family get all our stuff off MJ Burkes on Sean Mulvoy Rd. I don't know what they're like for prices (not doing the buying), but they are good.
    Das Kitty wrote: »
    We need to replace the stairs and landing carpet as it's manky.

Forgive the question but what's the state of the carpet, is it threadbare or just really dirty? It might be worth getting a carpet cleaner in.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

antoobrien wrote: »
    My family get all our stuff off MJ Burkes on Sean Mulvoy Rd. I don't know what they're like for prices (not doing the buying), but they are good.

Forgive the question but what's the state of the carpet, is it threadbare or just really dirty? It might be worth getting a carpet cleaner in.

It's been cleaned already. It's worn down. Cheap stuff the previous occupants installed, thinnest underlay they could get too. I'm looking forward to having a nice hard-wearing non-cream carpet on my stairs! Cream carpet in a house with kids. What were they thinking!?

Thanks for the tip, I'll rock in to those lads and see what they're about.

Advertisement