Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

have AIB been the next bank to be caught up in a scandal?

• 08-08-2012 9:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭

So, after starting a thread over on the banking form asking for advice.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056721917

About a seemingly serious error AIB made on my credit history, it seems I'm not the only one.
    The Irish Credit Bureau has said it has fully corrected all relevant customer records, following AIB's admission that it misreported missed customer loan repayments to it over a six-year period.

The ICB, which is owned by financial institutions including AIB, said it was first alerted to the problem six weeks ago by AIB.

Chief Executive Seamus O Tighearnaigh said the ICB and AIB have been working together to deal with the problem.

He said the Data Protection Commissioner was informed and letters were sent to customers affected last weekend.

He said what happened was wrong and the ICB would now write to its other members to alert them.

The Office of the Data Protection Commissioner said it was a serious breach of data protection law; at the upper end of the scale.

http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0808/icb-aib.html

This will do an already struggling bank no favors IMO.

Anyone else get a letter? If so, what do you plan to do next?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭OldmanMondeo

How many people have been refused loans because of this mess up. But, how many of those would be glad that they didn't get the loan now...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

rotten bank, anyone any idea how i can switch to another one thats isnt as rotten?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

rotten bank, anyone any idea how i can switch to another one thats isnt as rotten?

I'm jumping ship too.

Fed up with them at this stage tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭joolsveer

Which bank would you move to?

Putting aside the recent woes of UB, I've been told nothing but good reports about them up until then, so would consider them.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Fart

joolsveer wrote: »
    Which bank would you move to?

The Bank of the Holy Empire of Deanianity.

Fart wrote: »
    The Bank of the Holy Empire of Deanianity.

Have they a branch in Dublin?

Its their online banking service up to much?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

UB is the only solvent bank in the country and they have excellent CS, the "blip" wasa pain in the arse though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

F@CK the banks back to the mattress would be better then the shower of ****s that is out there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

Seaneh wrote: »
    UB is the only solvent bank in the country and they have excellent CS, the "blip" wasa pain in the arse though.

Since when have then been any better than our lot? UB = RBS which had to be nationalised and owned by the British Government at the moment due to its incredible financial situation a few years ago.

Ulster Bank itself is responsible for a completely disproportionate amount of the RBS loan book too.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2012/0505/1224315654069.html

They're FAR from a model of prudent banking!

At least the local bailed out messes can still manage to work their computers :)

In general the entire banking industry just seems to be a complete disaster, globally.

• Advertisement

Solair wrote: »
    Since when have then been any better than our lot? UB = RBS which had to be nationalised and owned by the British Government at the moment due to its incredible financial situation a few years ago.

Ulster Bank itself is responsible for a completely disproportionate amount of the RBS loan book too.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/finance/2012/0505/1224315654069.html

They're FAR from a model of prudent banking!

At least the local bailed out messes can still manage to work their computers :)

In general the entire banking industry just seems to be a complete disaster, globally.

So if i was to change banks, who would you recommend changing to?

Seems the choices are pretty limited.

Advertisement