Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Weedkiller - Best Place to Buy & Best Way to Apply

Options
  • 08-08-2012 9:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭

Hi

I'm a bit new to weedkiller and could do with some advice.

Have a long driveway (maybe 500-750m of kerbing in total at a guess) that needs treating. I have dug / strimmed all the weeds away which was hell but I don't want them growing back.

People have recommended round up to me but there seems a few different types. Any idea how much I would need? I want to do the tarmac and the grass along by the kerb to limit my maintenance work.

Also what is the easiest way of applying weedkiller? A napsack? A sprayer?

Where would generally be the best place to buy it?

A co-op? Woodies? B&Q? Homebase? All accessible to me

Thanks a million for your advice.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,472 ✭✭✭tred

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

you can use a watering can as well. Hygeia doa box of satches, and i think its one per watering can . Be cheaper than paying 40 euro plus for a sprayer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

lassykk wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

A bottle of this and dilute it with water into a nap-sack sprayer.200ml of this diluted into 7 litres of water was enough to completely kill off my back garden in 8 days.

Today and tomorrow are perfect days for spraying.....dry and calm weather.

Set the nap sack sprayer to a fine mist,pump up the pressure to as much as it will take,and spray as you walk slowly,with the spray wand about 6-8 inches over the weeds.

NAD out at Blakes Cross at the turn off for Skerries sell all types of weed killer.

Also your local Agri Stores/Co-op will have it too.

Dont forget to wear breathing mask,rubber/chemical proof gloves and also dont wear shorts or short sleeved shirt either,,as this stuff will do serious damage to skin,if its given half a chance.

Aldi are selling 5 litre nap sack sprayers with extendable wand and pressure guage for 10 euro.

Good little bit of kit for the money.

Oh and a little tip here....

if you have any nice hedging,plants,bushes or flowers close to the driveway,then cover them over with a waterproof tapaulin sheet or a plastic sheet where you are spraying the weedkiller.

This way,the excess spray residue wont get onto the leaves and kill off your hedging,plants,flowers,shrubs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,407 ✭✭✭Cardinal Richelieu

paddy147 wrote: »
    Oh and a little tip here....

if you have any nice hedging,plants,bushes or flowers close to the driveway,then cover them over with a waterproof tapaulin sheet or a plastic sheet where you are spraying the weedkiller.

This way,the excess spray residue wont get onto the leaves and kill off your hedging,plants,flowers,shrubs.

Or you could just buy a spray head cover. The council use them when spraying around trees and paths.

• Advertisement
Advertisement