Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Hairdresser for upstyle in Dublin city centre

• 08-08-2012 9:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭

I'm going to my debs next month and need suggestions for where to get my hair done :) Normally I get it cut in a training school, but I'd like to go somewhere professional to get it styled. I think I'll be getting my makeup done in Brown Thomas, so preferably somewhere around Grafton St. I'm not looking for anything overly complicated either, I'm just thinking of something simple like a classic French twist. If anyone has any suggestions or has had any good experiences in particular salons I'd greatly appreciate it! :)

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I had my debs hair done at Joseph Kramer on Wicklow St http://josephkramer.ie/salons/wicklow-st/ It was a few years ago at this stage but I was very happy with. Definitely ring or call in ahead and describe what you want to make sure there's someone that can actually do it!

I washed my hair the night before to keep the style better (less fuzzy/frizzy bits), and brought a diamante clasp thing that I wanted to use, the do was in and around €50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭leaveiton

Twee. wrote: »
    I had my debs hair done at Joseph Kramer on Wicklow St http://josephkramer.ie/salons/wicklow-st/ It was a few years ago at this stage but I was very happy with. Definitely ring or call in ahead and describe what you want to make sure there's someone that can actually do it!

I washed my hair the night before to keep the style better (less fuzzy/frizzy bits), and brought a diamante clasp thing that I wanted to use, the do was in and around €50.

Thanks! :) I'll call in there tomorrow and ask about it, might have a look at some other salons nearby too.

Also, would I be better off getting my hair done before my make up or the other way around? I'm thinking hair first, but I'm not entirely sure :o

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

I would do the hair first, followed by make up. If your do has a fringe or whatever you can just carefully pin it back.

You've got Toni & Guy (Clarendon St), Peter Mark (Grafton St), Pzazz (Powerscourt Town Centre) and Brown Sugar (Sth William St) all nearby as well. The latter two would be charging €60+ for the service though, very expensive!!

Advertisement