Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email notification / forum permissions exception.

Options
  • 08-08-2012 11:40pm
    Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭

Hiya,

Got an email notification, ~6pm today, of a reply to a thread in a private forum I haven't had access to in a long time.

Don't want to post specific details here for obvious reasons so if you want to pm me or drop me a mail for whatever details you need, I'll send them on.

Thanks. :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭Boards.ie: Danny

Drop me a PM about it when you get the chance Steve, I'll give it a look over tomorrow - thanks :)

Danny

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Sent.

Just a brief update for you Steve, I've identified the issue and I'll be working on a fix for it. Will update when that's deployed :)

Danny

This issue was resolved this afternoon but it will be tomorrow before I can write a clean up script to fix existing subscriptions :)

Danny

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Nice one, excellent work as always. :cool:

• Advertisement

Hey Steve,

This is one intensive script to run considering there are over 5.5 million thread subscriptions. With that in mind I'd like to be around to minimise the chance it'll make the hamsters squeak so we'll be running it early Monday morning.

Danny

And we're done :) Thanks for the bug report Steve

Danny

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement