Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Elverys/Champion Sports Prices??

Options
  • 09-08-2012 12:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

I was looking around sports shops today in Waterford and I was going to buy the new United away kit after I saw it was only €52.50 in Elverys but yet it was €70 in Champion Sports? Could you challenge the Champion Sports compared to the Elverys price? Or not?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

You could say it to the guys in champion sports but they have no obligation to price match with elverys & would be unlikely to be able to discount the price on the tag. Basically would depend on whether they can give discounts & if they're willing to discount something for you

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭spideyman92

Hmmm ok I was just curious to see if it could be done. Wouldnt have the guts to say it to them ha

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

The main sports shops used to price match but the differance was usually ten or five euro. 70quid is the standard rrp so elverys looks like a cracking deal. All id say is ask, they are used to this every jersey launch and they'll either say yes or no.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Went into Champion last week to get a pair of Copa Mundial football boots, they were €90. I heard you could get them cheaper than this so decided to check Elverys two minutes away. Went in and the exact same boots were there for €120, one of the workers came over and asked if I needed a size and I told him that these exact boots were in Champion for €30 less and he said "well go buy them there then".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭bobmalooka

Went into Champion last week to get a pair of Copa Mundial football boots, they were €90. I heard you could get them cheaper than this so decided to check Elverys two minutes away. Went in and the exact same boots were there for €120, one of the workers came over and asked if I needed a size and I told him that these exact boots were in Champion for €30 less and he said "well go buy them there then".

Yea its only on the big jersey launches that they will engage in price matching, they rely on shifting large quantities now to provide a decent budget for xmas stock.prices on quality boots will move up and down all year, winter is usually a goot time to pick up copas.elverys have them priced high cos stock is usually at low levels and anyone looking for mouldies in august is stuck.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Every time you walk up to the counter you are negotiating. Price labels are just an invitation to give you an idea what to pay. Obviously these days most of the time we just pay it.

That said any retailer that has a brain would be happy you gave them the opportunity to match a competitor - always shop around but if you can build up a bit of loyalty to a store it pays dividends.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭Irish_Elect_Eng

Elverys are running a 25% off offer on the jerseys at the moment.

So strictly speaking the price is almost identical pre-offer.

Rember to price in any printing as those prices can vary also.

Advertisement