Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Recovery truck service

Options
  • 09-08-2012 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭

After a recent RTA, the Gardai had my vehicle recovered from the scene. The recovery truck arrived, loaded it up and departed. I just managed to get my diary out of the rear of the vehicle before the operator dragged it up the ramps. Later, the Gardai gave me the recovery service operator's business card.

The situation is new to me and I'm just wondering is this the regular procedure with recovery operators? I had thought the driver would at least have said hello and asked me to where I would prefer to have my vehicle delivered. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Yardleys Lavender

Sorry to hear about your accident but I hope that it was very recent as if it was recovered to a lot there's a good chance the clock started ticking for storage charges the minute it was unloaded from the truck. You might want to give them a ring ASAP to make sure that you haven't clocked up a heap of charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭westwicklow

Thank you Y.L. for your advise. I was a recent RTA.

I have been in contact with the recovery agent after agreeing with our local body repair shop, based on great previous service with them for many of my famly members over the years, that they take care of repairing my vehicle as usual but the recovery agent and his son both stated to me, in person, in their yard that "another garage man won't cross their door" and that they would therefore have to do the repair work for me. So having gone for some advise on this particular development, I went back in a gentlemanly way to out regular repair firm and after discussions, they thankfully have gladly agreed to do the repair work for us.

So, is there a cartel in operation with recovery operators/body shops? My personal impression, be that of limited experience to this incident though, is that some sort of cartel seem to be in operation at least with this particular recovery truck/body repair shop operator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Yardleys Lavender

I don't think that it's a cartell but the storage is their way to make money...it's legit but the costs can begin to tot up if you leave your car in some one elses yard.

Advertisement