Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork IT - Introduce Yourself

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

I'm going to Cork IT! :D applied biosciences!? Anyone else?

I'm bricking it.. I went to college in Maynooth for a year and HATED IT!! So worked for the last year.. Working full time is a buzz kill! I'm moving up from Laois, going to look for a house tomorrow!

I've a few friends in second year in UCC but don't know anyone in CIT! But I should be ok I'd talk to the wall if it'd answer me :D

Hahah you are basically me! I went to Maynooth too and DESPISED it and now I'm going to CIT! :D

Was at David Guetta last night so I missed all the last night's chat here :( so worth it though :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Outcastangel

Hahah you are basically me! I went to Maynooth too and DESPISED it and now I'm going to CIT! :D

Was at David Guetta last night so I missed all the last night's chat here :( so worth it though :p[/Quote]

Ha that's so random! :) I loved Maynooth I just hated my course.. Ahhh so jealous! I wanted to go but I'm going to Electric Picnic :D

Found my accommodation today, know anyone staying in Curraheen Drive?

Ha that's so random! :) I loved Maynooth I just hated my course.. Ahhh so jealous! I wanted to go but I'm going to Electric Picnic :D

Found my accommodation today, know anyone staying in Curraheen Drive?

Ah really? I hated my accom (I was in village - such a mess!).. So jel of Electric Picnic though! when you moving up to Cork? :)

Ah really? I hated my accom (I was in village - such a mess!).. So jel of Electric Picnic though! when you moving up to Cork? :)[/Quote]

Yes cannot wait for it! :) I'm moving up sometime the week of the 10th?!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 octopusss

I'm going to Cork IT! :D applied biosciences!? Anyone else?

I'm bricking it.. I went to college in Maynooth for a year and HATED IT!! So worked for the last year.. Working full time is a buzz kill! I'm moving up from Laois, going to look for a house tomorrow!

I've a few friends in second year in UCC but don't know anyone in CIT! But I should be ok I'd talk to the wall if it'd answer me :D

Applied bioscience too ^___^ !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Haven't got any letters from the college yet, should I be worried?

Haven't got any letters from the college yet, should I be worried?

Nah I haven't either! Don't think anyone has.. the site said they come out at the end of August so sometime this week I'd say..

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CicaB

hey! im doing social care. and am going staying in edenhall. anyone else staying there?

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Destroyarex

Starting 1st year Computing (: only have one friend going to the same college as me though and he's not even in the same course so it seems like I'm more or less going by myself ):

Starting 1st year Computing (: only have one friend going to the same college as me though and he's not even in the same course so it seems like I'm more or less going by myself ):

Going by yourself is better, you put yourself out there more and make more friends rather than sticking with an old group of friends! Don't worry about it. :D

• Advertisement

Totally agree with Avox! I have friends that went to Galway together(About 10 of them?) and they all say they regret it because they dont really know anyone outside of that group?
    I went to Maynooth for a year not knowing anyone and now I have some of the best friends ever! :) Just dont be shy and talk to anyone. the worst that can happen is that they are ignorant b*stards and thats not your problem :)

Got my room sorted in Parchment today.. anyone know how the apartment numbers work? Like mine is 95? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 16 The Infamous Larry

Avox wrote: »
    Got my room sorted in Parchment today.. anyone know how the apartment numbers work? Like mine is 95? :P
    I got my rental agreement and stuff from them today as well, I'm kinda curious about the apartment numbers too, mine's 101c...

Usually with student apartments the letter is the room your in, in the actual apartment!

Ah, well that would make sense actually!

Got the form from deans hall today, on it it says guests are strictly not allowed under any circumstances, while on the site it says you are allowed? :S which is it ?? XD

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

For those who dont know, we start on the 17th of Sept: http://www.cit.ie/servicesandadministration/admissions/

And the calender for the year is also up: http://www.cit.ie/aboutcit/semesterdatesandcalendar/

That 4 days of exams after xmas week is a boll*cks.

I got my rental agreement and stuff from them today as well, I'm kinda curious about the apartment numbers too, mine's 101c...
    Usually with student apartments the letter is the room your in, in the actual apartment!

Ah yeah I knew that bit, I'm wondering about the apartment numbers though.. the 90s and 100s seem kinda high, I didn't think there'd be that many apts.. :D

I presume the "c" are the ensuite rooms, because I booked one of them anyway! Did you Larry? :)

Ah yeah I knew that bit, I'm wondering about the apartment numbers though.. the 90s and 100s seem kinda high, I didn't think there'd be that many apts.. :D

I presume the "c" are the ensuite rooms, because I booked one of them anyway! Did you Larry? :)

I'd say there's a good few apartments around there alright... Yup, I've got a twin ensuite booked there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1 drummboi

anybody staying in abbeyville or know anything about it

• Advertisement

I'd say there's a good few apartments around there alright... Yup, I've got a twin ensuite booked there :D

Ah I got an auld single ensuite! Did you get the contract in the post today? :eek: It's only fair confusing, so many places to sign and get a guarantor sign and all this :eek:

Ah I got an auld single ensuite! Did you get the contract in the post today? :eek: It's only fair confusing, so many places to sign and get a guarantor sign and all this :eek:
    I got that today as well, I thought a lot of the language in it was kinda strange, had to re-read a few bits of it to understand it properly... Loads of signing off indeed, do you send that back to them or bring it with you when you're moving in?

I got that today as well, I thought a lot of the language in it was kinda strange, had to re-read a few bits of it to understand it properly... Loads of signing off indeed, do you send that back to them or bring it with you when you're moving in?

Well it says it has to before September 3rd so I'd say it'd be safer to post it? I had to email them and she said to ring tomorrow and she'll tell me what to fill in.. I'm so stupid :o haha

Well it says it has to before September 3rd so I'd say it'd be safer to post it? I had to email them and she said to ring tomorrow and she'll tell me what to fill in.. I'm so stupid :o haha
    Ah fair enough yeah, I'll try make some more sense of it tomorrow :P when are you moving there actually? I think myself and my roommate are gonna head up next monday or tuesday...

Ah fair enough yeah, I'll try make some more sense of it tomorrow :P when are you moving there actually? I think myself and my roommate are gonna head up next monday or tuesday...

Ah I'm not really sure, I'm thinking maybe the Friday after this one! I'm not 100% sure though :o Might head up early next week, it's hard to decide! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 7 JMT3

Got a letter this morning about my login for student IT services, anyone else get the same? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20 RC92

I got my garda vetting form today but it says i need a student which i dont have, any ideas?

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

JMT3 wrote: »
    Got a letter this morning about my login for student IT services, anyone else get the same? :)

Got mine aswell:D

RC92 wrote: »
    I got my garda vetting form today but it says i need a student which i dont have, any ideas?

Student number? If so it's normally just your CAO number!

Got my IT services letter today too! :D

• Advertisement

I did receive the IT services letter also! Wonder when the registration one comes... :)

Advertisement