Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork IT - Introduce Yourself

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 JMT3

octopusss wrote: »
    I did receive the IT services letter also! Wonder when the registration one comes... :)
    Hopefully soon :) I thought it was going to be about registration when I saw it this morning.

I got the IT services letter too. Do we activate it now or wait until registration day?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Outcastangel

I got the IT services letter too. Do we activate it now or wait until registration day?

I went ahead and activated mine?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

The brother started Transition Year today. I spend most of the day wandering the house in a state of confusion, convinced I should have been back in school too. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

I activated mine when I got it.. went through straight away! Did anyone get a number in their's? :P Mine was just my name as in like "name.OSurname@" did anyone get "name.surname1@" etc? :P
    Zomg Okay wrote: »
    The brother started Transition Year today. I spend most of the day wandering the house in a state of confusion, convinced I should have been back in school too. :pac:

Hahaha my brother went into 5th year today, didn't stop teasing him at all.. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21 Malpancholy

I was slightly annoyed when I opened the letter and ended up with just something about student IT services. I want my registration pack present! I'm gonna activate mine now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Avox wrote: »
    I activated mine when I got it.. went through straight away! Did anyone get a number in their's? :P Mine was just my name as in like "name.OSurname@" did anyone get "name.surname1@" etc? :P

Nope, no numbers here. Just the way I like my usernames. :P
    Hahaha my brother went into 5th year today, didn't stop teasing him at all.. :D

Same. :)

Last night I made a point of saying to him, "Try not to wake me up in the morning."

If looks could kill. :D

I was slightly annoyed when I opened the letter and ended up with just something about student IT services. I want my registration pack present! I'm gonna activate mine now.

Same, I really just wanna get it now.. hopefully we might get something else before the weekend since they're obviously sending out stuff now! :D

Clicked onto 'Student Services and Financial Aid'... Is this the Reg pack? D:

Oh no... Oh no, oh no, oh no... HELP! I've clicked into Student Detail Schedule which tells me about my modules and such and it says, "Scheduled Meeting Times Sept 01 2012 - 31st Jan 2012"
    What does this mean people?
    All my 1st semester modules say the same. Am I just worrying about nothing because of lack of sleep?
    On another note... I can't wait to move down, planning on doing so on the 9th. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Oh no... Oh no, oh no, oh no... HELP! I've clicked into Student Detail Schedule which tells me about my modules and such and it says, "Scheduled Meeting Times Sept 01 2012 - 31st Jan 2012"
    What does this mean people?
    All my 1st semester modules say the same. Am I just worrying about nothing because of lack of sleep?
    On another note... I can't wait to move down, planning on doing so on the 9th. :D
    Thats just timetable it wont be finalised officially until the 14th i believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 The Infamous Larry

Received my registration stuff in the post today... My induction and all that is on the 14th :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Laura.12

Received my registration stuff in the post today... My induction and all that is on the 14th :D

Im the same :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I will be at the induction , either showing ye around campus or registering your details. :D

Yeah got mine too. :D Kinda confused though, do we use our CAO number for the student number? Or is there an extra digit or anything?

Also, yano if we're waiting grant confirmation but are certain we'll get it.. what do we put on the registration form? Like it only gives the options yes or no for confirmation of grant which is a bit stupid :confused:

Yeah got mine too. :D Kinda confused though, do we use our CAO number for the student number? Or is there an extra digit or anything?

Also, yano if we're waiting grant confirmation but are certain we'll get it.. what do we put on the registration form? Like it only gives the options yes or no for confirmation of grant which is a bit stupid :confused:

I used the student IT username number thing... Because I read somewhere on one of the forms that it IS my student number. :D The one that starts with R000 etc.
    And... for the grant I'm wondering the same thing? :S

I used the student IT username number thing... Because I read somewhere on one of the forms that it IS my student number. :D The one that starts with R000 etc.
    And... for the grant I'm wondering the same thing? :S

Oh no I don't think that's our student numbers.. they usually don't have any letters at all :confused:

Nope it defo is that R000 number. I checked with Admissions. :D
    Check the green Registration form. Just above your name.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kayleigh01x

Anyone here heading to Cork IT this year? :D

I'm starting Hospitality Management after a year out from secondary school.. anyone else? :)
    I am doing Hospitality Management in CIT.. can't wait! :)

I am doing Hospitality Management in CIT.. can't wait! :)

Woo! :) did you get your letter today? What group are you in? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Kayleigh01x

Woo! :) did you get your letter today? What group are you in? :D
    Yeah got mine today :) I'm in Group 2 (Red), what about you?

Yeah got mine today :) I'm in Group 2 (Red), what about you?

I'm group 2 (red) too! :D

edit:

Nope it defo is that R000 number. I checked with Admissions. :D
    Check the green Registration form. Just above your name.

Oh you're right! :D That's weird, never knew there were letters in it, gotta try and remember that number now :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 530 ✭✭✭scullersky

Hey

Tommy here I just got word I got my transfer to year 2 Business Administration :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Destroyarex

So umm, about this grant thing on the registration form, what if we're still waiting for confirmation from the awarding body? 0.0

So umm, about this grant thing on the registration form, what if we're still waiting for confirmation from the awarding body? 0.0

So guys I rang SUSI and asked what I should do about the grant form thing, and they said that I should use the provisional grant acceptance, which is the letter that tells you you need to send off your birth certificate copy etc... Or if you don't have that I'm using the one that says that I'm "deemed eligible to progress to the next step".
    Everyone in the country applying for the grant is in exactly the same boat... more of a ship now. So yeah, just use that letter. I haven't rang CIT because I couldn't be arsed.

Moving my stuff up tomorrow :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16 The Infamous Larry

Moving my stuff up tomorrow :)
    I'm heading up tomorrow, probably gonna stay til Thursday or Friday, I want to try get to know the area and all that :D

I'm heading up tomorrow, probably gonna stay til Thursday or Friday, I want to try get to know the area and all that :D

I'm up here til Thursday! There's plenty around but none of my housemates are yet :( haha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Moved up there today, so happy days :D also emailed the college about registration and stuff and they said be expecting a letter soon so yay :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 CicaB

moved my stuff up today :-D

Advertisement