Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork IT - Introduce Yourself

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

CicaB wrote: »
    moved my stuff up today :-D

Parchment? :) I feel like such a loner here! :D There's noone in my apartment but me! haha

• Registered Users Posts: 3 CicaB

Avox wrote: »
    Parchment? :) I feel like such a loner here! :D There's noone in my apartment but me! haha
    no Eden hall, didn't see anyone in my apartment either:-( only went down to drop my stuff going there properly next monday.

CicaB wrote: »
    no Eden hall, didn't see anyone in my apartment either:-( only went down to drop my stuff going there properly next monday.

Ooh cool! There's a few around here just no-one in my apartment :( haha.. I'm only here til Thurs anyway so hopefully someone will come along by then!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 The Infamous Larry

I'm up here til Thursday! There's plenty around but none of my housemates are yet :( haha
    I could well be the same way, I know my roommate is moving up on Wednesday, but as for the other 2 we're living with, I've no idea, they could already be up there for all I know :p

I could well be the same way, I know my roommate is moving up on Wednesday, but as for the other 2 we're living with, I've no idea, they could already be up there for all I know :p

Ah what room number is it? :P Like if it's between 90 and 100 or 101 you'd be in the same building as me! :P

• Advertisement

Ah what room number is it? :P Like if it's between 90 and 100 or 101 you'd be in the same building as me! :P
    Ah we'll be the same building so, I'm in 101 :D

Ah we'll be the same building so, I'm in 101 :D

'Yeah so you'll either be top floor Kavanagh building or bottom floor in the next building over.. I'm not 100% but I'll check tomorrow! :D

Nearly 24 hours later and still no housemates! I am such a loner :pac:

Nearly 24 hours later and still no housemates! I am such a loner :pac:

I'm just after moving in, I'm the only one in my apartment as well :P

I'm just after moving in, I'm the only one in my apartment as well :P

Hahah boredom will begin to kick in after 2 hours! I've already organised my room three times :( haha

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27 Booom!

I am insanely jealous of people who are moving up

Hahah boredom will begin to kick in after 2 hours! I've already organised my room three times :( haha

I went for a walk into the city, its a long way in from here, but sure what can you do? It'll be good for keeping a bit of fitness up anyway haha :D

I went for a walk into the city, its a long way in from here, but sure what can you do? It'll be good for keeping a bit of fitness up anyway haha :D

Haha I'm gonna do that tomorrow! There's a few people around now but it'd be kinda awkward going out and just being like "...hi, be my friend...."

Haha I'm gonna do that tomorrow! There's a few people around now but it'd be kinda awkward going out and just being like "...hi, be my friend...."

It's a pretty nice walk like, just quite a distance is all, but yeah, I've seen a good few people around alright, lots of lights on in the other apartments and that, not too easy to just talk to them though!

It's a pretty nice walk like, just quite a distance is all, but yeah, I've seen a good few people around alright, lots of lights on in the other apartments and that, not too easy to just talk to them though!

Exactly! :P Are you ground floor or above? I'm ground floor so when it comes to nights out I'm sure my window will be knocked on a lot :P

Exactly! :P Are you ground floor or above? I'm ground floor so when it comes to nights out I'm sure my window will be knocked on a lot :P

I'm on the first floor in the Kavanagh building, so I think I'll escape all that window knocking craic :D I'm right above the electric gate though, so that could be a bit of a pain! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 28 octopusss

Moving up tomorrow to deans! Woo not long now till we all start huh ! :D

I'm on the first floor in the Kavanagh building, so I think I'll escape all that window knocking craic :D I'm right above the electric gate though, so that could be a bit of a pain! :P

Oh you're basically one floor above me and an apartment behind me so :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Malpancholy

octopusss wrote: »
    Moving up tomorrow to deans! Woo not long now till we all start huh ! :D

Tell me what it's like. :D Not moving up till Sunday! I feel like I'm gonna be the last one moving up! Everyone's so early...
    Ask reception about the whole guest sitch please, I have a feeling they don't like me because I rang so many times for my application (cos I'm slightly stupid :D). :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CaramelMonster

Heyy !! Starting interior achitecture this year! Moving down on saturday :) Anybody else moving to kenley close?? :))

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

Moving down on saturday myself, living in kenley close aswel:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CaramelMonster

xFROSTY Gx wrote: »
    Moving down on saturday myself, living in kenley close aswel:D

Oh really? thats cool ! Cant wait to move haha!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Best of luck to all of you!

• Registered Users Posts: 28 octopusss

Tell me what it's like. :D Not moving up till Sunday! I feel like I'm gonna be the last one moving up! Everyone's so early...
    Ask reception about the whole guest sitch please, I have a feeling they don't like me because I rang so many times for my application (cos I'm slightly stupid :D). :pac:

Just popped in to get my fob thing, The apartment is lovely! jesus i wasn't expecting it to have so much ... in it? if that makes sense! I got the duluxe room so there's plenty of space and it's very clean! ( love the fact you get your own bathroom! ).
    Sorry I only read this now so never asked about the guest thing, i'm wondering myself, as they said on the actual site that you are able to have people stay, but then on the form they send out after payment they said strictly no people allowed over, kinda unfair as it's after you pay? ( - . - );

Haha better to ask and feel stupid than to leave it go and never know?! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Destroyarex

Umm okay I've filled out all the forms I need to, except the HEA Equal Access Questionnaire, do I just fill out the parts of that that are relevant to me or do I have to fill out all or nothing?

Umm okay I've filled out all the forms I need to, except the HEA Equal Access Questionnaire, do I just fill out the parts of that that are relevant to me or do I have to fill out all or nothing?

Just whatever's relevant to you! I was distracted filling mine in and accidentally ticked myself as an Irish traveller.. Cue me marking it with an x, along with all the others, and then circling "Irish" :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Your apartment will be the can filled ****hole they all eventually end up as so don't try to keep it clean :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Pocketz Ryan

Moved down monday and am loving the place :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Pocketz Ryan

How are ye lads, down from Tipp, 1st year doin Civil Engineering

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 NaomiRose

Hi people !
    I'll be heading into first year now soon in UCC and as I live in Dungarvan in Waterford I'll be driving down every weekend. :)

If anyone from down here is interested in catching a lift with me for some petrol money pm and let me know ! I'll have 2 spaces for sure, and I can drop you in Dungarvan, or anywhere that's on the way !

I'll be heading down from Cork every Friday evening and coming back up late Sunday or early Monday, in time for 9 o clock lectures :)

P.S. I reserve the right to change plans so you might have to arrange something else some weekends but just putting it out there for the majority of the time :D

Oh, and looking forward to seeing ya'll round Cork ! :D

Advertisement