Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork IT - Introduce Yourself

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Calumshmalum

Did anyone get their bank giro in the post yet? Or know what the story is? I'm moving up tomorrow and still don't have mine?

I got an email on my CIT account to do with the fees just last night. I think they've switched over to online payment rather than bank giro this year, even though they said one would be in the post. Kind of cludgy, but I'm paid up for my first semester now anyway.

EDIT: oh, also, where are you going? Parchment, Deans, somewhere else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Outcastangel

I got an email on my CIT account to do with the fees just last night. I think they've switched over to online payment rather than bank giro this year, even though they said one would be in the post. Kind of cludgy, but I'm paid up for my first semester now anyway.

EDIT: oh, also, where are you going? Parchment, Deans, somewhere else?

Thanks that's a great help! Working flat out so haven't even thought of looking at the emails?!
    I'm living up on curaheen drive.. It's a cul de sac of like 6 student houses?
    Anyone else moving in there??

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Malpancholy

Thanks that's a great help! Working flat out so haven't even thought of looking at the emails?!

I'm sure Deans isn't far from there tbh... Or have I just made that up? :)

So one of my housemates finally arrived, but their mum is hanging around for an inordinate amount of time and they're speaking french at each other and it's kind of awkward. Getting the washing-up done is gonna be an adventure.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 octopusss

So one of my housemates finally arrived, but their mum is hanging around for an inordinate amount of time and they're speaking french at each other and it's kind of awkward. Getting the washing-up done is gonna be an adventure.

OH JESUS!!!

• Advertisement

Okay, washing-up done. But the mother is still hanging around.... still awkward.

I'm sure Deans isn't far from there tbh... Or have I just made that up? :)

Like a 5 minute walk I think!

Just paid my fees! My bank account is not feeling well after that! Can I ask how much everyone else had to pay just out of curiosity? I think mine is different because this is my second time around at college?

Well I'll have to be paying somewhere just north of two grand for the full two semesters this year. Then, of course, I'll probably have textbooks and such on top of that...

Well I'll have to be paying somewhere just north of two grand for the full two semesters this year. Then, of course, I'll probably have textbooks and such on top of that...

And you pay per semester online?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CaramelMonster

Hey everyone! Is anybody around kenley close tonight? :) I am bored out of my head, sitting home on my own as all of my housemates just decided to leave ... :(

• Advertisement

And you pay per semester online?

Yup. So that was just north of a grand for now, then it'll be another payment of the same amount for next semester, I'm assuming. Thus, I'll be paying just over two grand in total for this academic year.

Yup. So that was just north of a grand for now, then it'll be another payment of the same amount for next semester, I'm assuming. Thus, I'll be paying just over two grand in total for this academic year.

Great! Thanks that clears that up for me.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

Jazus, did everyone else have great fun playing musical chairs trying to get your id card yesterday/this week?! It only really hit me yesterday evening that college is starting monday!

The whole musical chairs thing just kinda happened, didn't it? Fun wouldn't be the exact word I'd use...

Me being in Multimedia, I don't start 'til Tuesday :D *waits patiently to be pelted with eggs*

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Coolstock

The whole musical chairs thing just kinda happened, didn't it? Fun wouldn't be the exact word I'd use...

Me being in Multimedia, I don't start 'til Tuesday :D *waits patiently to be pelted with eggs*

Yeah haha I start Tuesday too, but to be honest I would almost rather start on Monday (Never thought Id look forward to finishing my summer :eek:... We must have been in the same group for awhile (Yellow group) cause Im doing Visual communications.. I've 2 friends doing multimedia, Ryan O'Shea and Evan Healy (Sound lads) you might have seen then, one has long black hair (Bit Araby looking hehe, and the other has a slightly ginger beard).. Anyways enjoy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Guys, does anyone know how we go about getting lockers? The student leader I was with today explained it but with everything else that went on today, this is one bit of information that didn't stick very well. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Guys, does anyone know how we go about getting lockers? The student leader I was with today explained it but with everything else that went on today, this is one bit of information that didn't stick very well. :o

Well with my course we just got assigned lockers so I'm not really sure :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

You're supposed to bring in a lock, pick an empty locker and tell the guys at the security desk that you're using it

richieffff wrote: »
    You're supposed to bring in a lock, pick an empty locker and tell the guys at the security desk that you're using it

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Any chance that place is called Bishopsgrove?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

Deans Hall Btown...

Does anyone know if they're open tomorrow?

mrmeindl wrote: »
    Deans Hall Btown...

Does anyone know if they're open tomorrow?

I think they are. Reception was open today, I'm sure. But just in case ring them beforehand, and they'll let you move in.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭mrmeindl

I think they are. Reception was open today, I'm sure. But just in case ring them beforehand, and they'll let you move in.

They weren't answering the phone yesterday :P Hope I wont have to leave all my **** in a friends house for the night, It would be ridiculous if they're not open for "check in" the day before term starts!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

Well, how did everyones first day go? Parking was a nightmare this morning, any idea when that car park at the side will re-open?!

You need to be up at that carpark before half 8 to get a spot, tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Well, how did everyones first day go? Parking was a nightmare this morning, any idea when that car park at the side will re-open?!
    Hopefully soon but be aware it will be pay parking barriers will be in operation

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Free red bull outside reception in Parchment if anyone's around now ;)

Anyone else sign up to more societies than they could possibly participate in? :D

I can't remember half of the ones I put my name down for. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Anyone else sign up to more societies than they could possibly participate in? :D

Good job , the societies get their funding based on the signatures etc so the more the better really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28 octopusss

If you gave them your number, you'll be looking at at least one text per society a week! :P

Advertisement