Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork IT - Introduce Yourself

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 nematoda

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Not as proud as a DNETer :p

Well DNET and DCOM are still grouped together so sometimes I feel I'm part of the Dnet group.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

nematoda wrote: »
    Well DNET and DCOM are still grouped together so sometimes I feel I'm part of the Dnet group.:)
    Ah yeah, but when I done it we were our own entity and networking wizards haha!

Only messing with ya. How's the course going? DCOM/DNET are great degree. Stick with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Hows CIT going this year??? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Dr. Ring

Hey, Im Gavin, 1st year Analytical Chem with Quality Assurance :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 killer_penguin

Glenn, 4th year Business Studies - Hi :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12 AHogan92

can anyone give me any bit of info on BIS

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

AHogan92 wrote: »
    can anyone give me any bit of info on BIS

Hey! What would you like to know? :)

Hows college going Vinta. Anything strange after changing since I've left?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Webmonkey wrote: »
    Hows college going Vinta. Anything strange after changing since I've left?

Haven't seen CIT since 22nd of December! It feels like I was on summer hols! Nothing going on, excited to be going back! Hopefully it'll be an easier semester than last.

Vinta81 wrote: »
    Haven't seen CIT since 22nd of December! It feels like I was on summer hols! Nothing going on, excited to be going back! Hopefully it'll be an easier semester than last.
    Yeah know the feeling. You'd be bored at home, always nice go back but then within week you'll be hating it again :pac: - Semester 2 can always feel better due to them having more clue what's going on. The lecturers I mean, time tabling etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 LoVeLoRd99

Hey leds.How are things?Im new here. :D is everyone from Cork here? :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 8,576 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wilberto

Howdy Ho Neighbours!!!!!! Just arrived on this scene........Proud Accounting student here........ How is everyone???!!! :D:D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,722 ✭✭✭eire4

Hello everyone. CIT grad here. I was in Marketing and graduated back in 1993. How are things these days at CIT?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 xgrainnsx

oh my god year no 7 how do u do it!

my grace 3rd year marketing!

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Anyone here heading to Cork IT this year? :D

I'm starting Hospitality Management after a year out from secondary school.. anyone else? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

Heading down to CIT myself. Going into First year of Business studies common entry after 3 or so years of not having a clue of what I really wanted to do in college :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Booom!

Nutrition and health science :D

xFROSTY Gx wrote: »
    Heading down to CIT myself. Going into First year of Business studies common entry after 3 or so years of not having a clue of what I really wanted to do in college :rolleyes:

I'm coming from Waterford too, was doing science in Maynooth last year!
    Booom! wrote: »
    Nutrition and health science :D

Nice!

Are ye both moving down? I'm going to Parchment!

Really hope the Skydiving society is still active.. really wanna join :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Booom!

Avox wrote: »

Nice!

Not moving down for first year at least. If I get a job hopefully i can save up to move to Parchement in 2nd year :)

Kinda worried that living at home will take most of the fun/social part out of college :(

Booom! wrote: »
    Not moving down for first year at least. If I get a job hopefully i can save up to move to Parchement in 2nd year :)

Kinda worried that living at home will take most of the fun/social part out of college :(

Ah I doubt it will, I'd say a lot of people in the IT will probably live at home, it's the way it usually goes :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

Nice!

Ya I'm moving down to Cork. Have a house sorted with a few friends close enough to the college who are now in 2nd/3rd year:)

xFROSTY Gx wrote: »
    Ya I'm moving down to Cork. Have a house sorted with a few friends close enough to the college who are now in 2nd/3rd year:)

Ah cool, that's not too bad so! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Still is, I wasn't able to do the jump last year so I have something to look forward to now :D

richieffff wrote: »
    Still is, I wasn't able to do the jump last year so I have something to look forward to now :D

Woo, can't wait to join that! Is it more expensive than the normal rates? I think they're about €250-300

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭richieffff

Woo, can't wait to join that! Is it more expensive than the normal rates? I think they're about €250-300

I think it was around €150 if I'm remembering correctly, could have been €200 but still cheaper than the normal rates, which is great.

richieffff wrote: »
    I think it was around €150 if I'm remembering correctly, could have been €200 but still cheaper than the normal rates, which is great.

Excellent! :D Can't wait to join that now.. thanks for the info :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭Username99

Starting Electronic Engineering in CIT September, moving down from Waterford. I'll be driving down on Sunday evenings and returning on Fridays. I would be willing to accept passengers in exchange for a few pound towards the petrol. PM me if you are interested.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Best of luck newbies! :)

Cmon guys, there must be some more newbies from today.. We've got to try and make the Cork IT forum busy! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Fellow newb here. Just accepted the BIS course. :)

Advertisement