Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork IT - Introduce Yourself

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭MissRetro

Business Administration at 24.. hope I won't be the 'oldie' of the class :o

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Woo two more! Any of ye moving down to Cork? :)

Ah don't worry MissRetro, at 24, you're still only a young'un! :D I doubt many people will even question if you're a mature student. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

Avox wrote: »
    Woo two more! Any of ye moving down to Cork? :)

Nah, I'm in Cork already. I have been since I was six, when I moved down from Dublin.

Zomg Okay wrote: »
    Nah, I'm in Cork already. I have been since I was six, when I moved down from Dublin.

Ah cool. :) Anyone know what week is CIT Freshers?

I've been in Cork for the last few years anyway.. not looking forward to the bus out from town every morning tho, apparently the number 5 isn't that reliable.

• Advertisement

MissRetro wrote: »
    I've been in Cork for the last few years anyway.. not looking forward to the bus out from town every morning tho, apparently the number 5 isn't that reliable.

Yeah my brother lives in the city and works out past CIT and says it sometimes doesn't show up on time! Suppose in the mornings it'd be grand though, you never know! :) I'm moving up around the 3rd September, can't wait now.. :) The first thing I'm gonna do is go get KC's (everyone recommends it :p)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

The first thing I'm gonna do is go get KC's (everyone recommends it :p)

Get yourself a King Creole... don't worry, you won't have to thank me.

The first thing I'm gonna do is go get KC's (everyone recommends it :p)

I've never tried it but a pizza from Uncle Pete's is a must!

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Get yourself a King Creole... don't worry, you won't have to thank me.

Ha! That's the plan, no mayonnaise for me though! :D
    MissRetro wrote: »
    I've never tried it but a pizza from Uncle Pete's is a must!

Oh must try there so! I'm gonna be like a hippo after this first week. :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Yeah i'm gona be doing Interior Architecture, missed out on Architecture but at least I got second year so it's handy :D

Anyone looking for a place to stay me and my friends have two spaces left just up from the college
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 Pocketz Ryan

Starting in Civil Engineering soon xD and other of my engineering homies out there tonght? :L

Starting in Civil Engineering soon xD and other of my engineering homies out there tonght? :L

Moving down? :D Everyone here seems to be from Cork.. I feel like such an outsider :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Pocketz Ryan

Moving down? :D Everyone here seems to be from Cork.. I feel like such an outsider :pac:

Yeah mate :) moving down from Thurles :)

Yeah mate :) moving down from Thurles :)

Nice, you moving into one of the student accoms? I'm going to Parchment! :D

Nice, you moving into one of the student accoms? I'm going to Parchment! :D

A girl i know stayed in parchment once.....once

It's close and all but I've yet to hear anything good about it

A girl i know stayed in parchment once.....once

It's close and all but I've yet to hear anything good about it

I've heard loads of good stuff from friends staying there so the girl must have been fairly dry or something :D

I've heard loads of good stuff from friends staying there so the girl must have been fairly dry or something :D

Nah haha she was as mad as a brush, I dunno sure, If you're hearing good stuff by all means go for it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 19 Laura.12

Booom! wrote: »
    Nutrition and health science :D

Same :D

Nah haha she was as mad as a brush, I dunno sure, If you're hearing good stuff by all means go for it :D

Maybe she just got unlucky and was put in with creeps so! I think a lot of it is depending on who you live with really.. hope I get good housemates :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

Going back doing Electrical engineering at 24 :D Still looking to find a place for myself and a friend who works. I've done student accomo in the past,was good craic at the time but "I'm too old for this sh1t" comes into it :pac:

• Advertisement

I think this is the most activity this forum has seen in years :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

I think this is the most activity this forum has seen in years :p

Since I graduated at least :pac:

Now you need to keep it alive and keep Webmonkey on his toes. This forum is probably the easiest to mod, lord knows he needs a distraction from work :p

• Registered Users Posts: 28 octopusss

Applied bioscience :D:D:D

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Since I graduated at least :pac:

Now you need to keep it alive and keep Webmonkey on his toes. This forum is probably the easiest to mod, lord knows he needs a distraction from work :p

We shall try to keep him on his feet! :P
    octopusss wrote: »
    Applied bioscience :D:D:D

Nice one! You from Cork or moving? :)

Nice one! You from Cork or moving? :)

From Cork :) Living just outside it at the moment, moving up to student accom (Deans hall) hopefully !
    Can't believe its already nearly September already! CIT should be a good laugh anyway :o Good luck guys ^_____^

From Cork :) Living just outside it at the moment, moving up to student accom (Deans hall) hopefully !
    Can't believe its already nearly September already! CIT should be a good laugh anyway :o Good luck guys ^_____^

I agree! :D I'm moving up the 3rd, can't wait for that now.. :) I guess Freshers is gonna be the 10th or 17th so.. :D

I agree! :D I'm moving up the 3rd, can't wait for that now.. :) I guess Freshers is gonna be the 10th or 17th so.. :D

At the expensive of being thought of as a bit of a newb, is freshers week literally just drinking for a week?! :P Or what's the story with it? ;)

At the expensive of being thought of as a bit of a newb, is freshers week literally just drinking for a week?! :P Or what's the story with it? ;)

Haha sorta, not really though! :D You get orientation talks, meet with your class, get your timetables etc too.. There'll be like games and stuff in college too to help you make new friends and stuff! :D Other than that it's basically going out every night though (the best way to make friends like :P)

Haha sorta, not really though! :D You get orientation talks, meet with your class, get your timetables etc too.. There'll be like games and stuff in college too to help you make new friends and stuff! :D Other than that it's basically going out every night though (the best way to make friends like :P)

Oh that's okay so, games huh? sounds mysterious! Butterflies like crazy..!

• Advertisement

Oh that's okay so, games huh? sounds mysterious! Butterflies like crazy..!

Well I presume so :D we'll find out once we got our orientation packs I hope :p

Advertisement