Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork IT - Introduce Yourself

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 JMT3

Tourism, really looking forward to it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Foxhole Norman

Software Development for me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Avox

Everyone posting appears to be from Cork.. I feel like such an outsider :p Did anyone get anything from CIT in the post yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭Max_Charger

Avox wrote: »
    Did anyone get anything from CIT in the post yet?

Got an invite for an open day 28th and 29th Aug for the mature students, prob to show us where they keep the walking sticks and zimmer frames etc... And a prep Maths class on the 7th of Sept. Dont know when we actually start classes and stuff though.

Got an invite for an open day 28th and 29th Aug for the mature students, prob to show us where they keep the walking sticks and zimmer frames etc... And a prep Maths class on the 7th of Sept. Dont know when we actually start classes and stuff though.

Ah cool, I haven't got a thing yet! Hopefully something might come along in the post this week!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Normal classes start on the 17th I was told :)

Normal classes start on the 17th I was told :)

Ah so freshers would be the 10th then I presume!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,607 ✭✭✭toastedpickles

Noooo idea haha, I'm only starting this year, but I got into second year so i guess they presumed I won't be needing to be shown around haha, It'l make it more fun I guess

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

I am doing Web Development! Can't wait to get down there. Can anyone tell me, is the housing estates around the college rough? I know nothing about Cork!

• Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

Freshers week from previous experience(ex WIT & DIT student:rolleyes:) will prob be the week beginning the 17th or 24th of sept I'd say. The week commencing the 10th of sept is just induction/orientation so I would be suprised if freshers was that week;)

Going to move down to Cork on the 7th or 8th of sept I'd say. Can't wait to move down at this stage:D

• Advertisement

I am doing Web Development! Can't wait to get down there. Can anyone tell me, is the housing estates around the college rough? I know nothing about Cork!

Not at all, very few rough area's on the south side of the city at all so you'd have to go completely out of your way to find one.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

Not at all, very few rough area's on the south side of the city at all so you'd have to go completely out of your way to find one.
    And is Cork in general rough? Everytime I've been it seemed pretty chill. Sorry, I'm just used to Limerick!:pac:

And is Cork in general rough? Everytime I've been it seemed pretty chill. Sorry, I'm just used to Limerick!:pac:

Lived in Limerick myself for a few months, trust me, you've nothing to worry about :D

xFROSTY Gx wrote: »
    Freshers week from previous experience(ex WIT & DIT student:rolleyes:) will prob be the week beginning the 17th or 24th of sept I'd say. The week commencing the 10th of sept is just induction/orientation so I would be suprised if freshers was that week;)

Going to move down to Cork on the 7th or 8th of sept I'd say. Can't wait to move down at this stage:D

Ah weird, I was in Maynooth last year and Freshers was the week before we started college (ie: the week of orientation etc!). Must be diff in the IT's so! :D

Still haven't received anything from CIT in the post.. Hope they send something out, love getting post.. :D

I heard beyond CIT, some parts of Bishopstown can be a bit rough at times! Think it's the far side though, so you wouldn't really be up there anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Booom!

The lack of activity in this forum is depressing...

Anyway I've been told that my course (nutrition) is normally about 80% female.... aaawwwwhhhh yeaaaah

Booom! wrote: »
    The lack of activity in this forum is depressing...

Anyway I've been told that my course (nutrition) is normally about 80% female.... aaawwwwhhhh yeaaaah

Really is haha.. this is like the most active thread here in over a year.. Kinda shocking :p

I think most health science courses are usually female dominated so you're in luck :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 16 The Infamous Larry

Nutrition and Health Science for me :D moving up to Parchment in the next couple of weeks...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

MissRetro wrote: »
    I've been in Cork for the last few years anyway.. not looking forward to the bus out from town every morning tho, apparently the number 5 isn't that reliable.

The number 5 is very reliable, but it's always packed to the f*cking gills! The drivers really ram everyone on, to the point when you can't actually get the doors open fully! It's the worst part of going to CIT, that f*cking bus in the morning!

Nutrition and Health Science for me :D moving up to Parchment in the next couple of weeks...

Woo someone else in Parchment :D

For anyone interested, here's a link to the orientation dates, just look for whatever course you're doing, and that's the day you go in to register :)

http://www.cit.ie/contentfiles/admissions/FT%20YR%201%20Registration%20Schedule.pdf

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Malpancholy

I'm kinda lost... What's registration, is it for classes and stuff?
    I can't wait to go to Cork!! I'm moving down from just outside Carrick on Shannon, and doing Culinary Arts got a room in Deanshall and I can't wait. I want to join the Circus society thing. :D

• Advertisement

I can't wait to go to Cork!! I'm moving down from just outside Carrick on Shannon, and doing Culinary Arts got a room in Deanshall and I can't wait. I want to join the Circus society thing. :D

It's just basically going to register as a student of CIT, and picking modules etc for your course :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 octopusss

Deanshall here to! ;D Totally have my eye on that society too! HULA HOOPING!! muahahahaha. :)

octopusss wrote: »
    Deanshall here to! ;D Totally have my eye on that society too! HULA HOOPING!! muahahahaha. :)

Juggling! It would be so helpful because of my lack of hand-eye co-ordination. :D
    D'you think it would be impossible to sneek a friend - not living in Cork - in to my room? I read the lease and it said no guests after midnight? :/ Bit snide.

Juggling! It would be so helpful because of my lack of hand-eye co-ordination. :D
    D'you think it would be impossible to sneek a friend - not living in Cork - in to my room? I read the lease and it said no guests after midnight? :/ Bit snide.

I am actually wondering the same thing :S ....if someone who was previously at Deans hall would tell us it would be great!

octopusss wrote: »
    I am actually wondering the same thing :S ....if someone who was previously at Deans hall would tell us it would be great!

YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY!! Found info on FAQ:
    "Can we have guests stay overnight?

Guests are allowed to stay overnight occasionally (one guest per apartment) and we would simply ask that you sign them in and out at reception and also inform your flat mates out of courtesy."

Bit stupid that we have to jump over hurdles to do so. Won't choose Deanshall again (for that reason) for second year.

YAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYY!! Found info on FAQ:
    "Can we have guests stay overnight?

Guests are allowed to stay overnight occasionally (one guest per apartment) and we would simply ask that you sign them in and out at reception and also inform your flat mates out of courtesy."

Bit stupid that we have to jump over hurdles to do so. Won't choose Deanshall again (for that reason) for second year.

Oh.. that' wound be pretty annoying if one person in the apartment had someone over at the same time wouldn't it!
    There could be student accom that let you have a guest over more often i suppose, :P Pssh, all gravy now anyway huh! Good luck ^____^

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I lived in Deanshall last year and often had friends stay over. Never been a problem. Security couldn't care less really once they know your not causing trouble/having loud parties all night.

Only time you're not allowed have people stay over is during RAG week/CIT Xmas day. They checked my name on a list alright on CIT Xmas day last year..

Lia_lia wrote: »
    I lived in Deanshall last year and often had friends stay over. Never been a problem. Security couldn't care less really once they know your not causing trouble/having loud parties all night.

Only time you're not allowed have people stay over is during RAG week/CIT Xmas day. They checked my name on a list alright on CIT Xmas day last year..

Oh that's good. I have friends who all chose Dublin for college and want to visit Cork. I'll just seduce them with my manly wiles.
    What's CIT Xmas day? Like what do you do? Does Santa come round? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭Outcastangel

I'm going to Cork IT! :D applied biosciences!? Anyone else?

I'm bricking it.. I went to college in Maynooth for a year and HATED IT!! So worked for the last year.. Working full time is a buzz kill! I'm moving up from Laois, going to look for a house tomorrow!

I've a few friends in second year in UCC but don't know anyone in CIT! But I should be ok I'd talk to the wall if it'd answer me :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 364 ✭✭xFROSTY Gx

Oh that's good. I have friends who all chose Dublin for college and want to visit Cork. I'll just seduce them with my manly wiles.
    What's CIT Xmas day? Like what do you do? Does Santa come round? :)

It's just basically an all day drinking session to be honest. Same in pretty much all colleges:rolleyes:

Advertisement