Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Target shooting

• 09-08-2012 12:59am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭

Hi,
    I used do a bit of shooting when I was in my teens/20`s over 20 years ago and used enjoy it. I was in what was then called "The F.C.A" and .303 Lee Enfield and F.N. rifles were standard issue with a variety of other guns. That was a previous life.

I have two teenage sons now and would like to get them involved in shooting as a hobby.They already are doing Airsoft for a good few years, and would enjoy a bit of target shooting. From reading up on boards, going to somewhere like Courtlough might be an ideal way for them to try it out.....one is 14 and the other is 17.

Do any of the clubs around the Dublin area use anything larger than .22 for target shooting. I lived on a farm in the midlands when I was much younger and .22 was the limit, caliber wise.....back in the 70s. The "Troubles" was the standard reason given for the restriction.
    Tia, John

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,669 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

Nearest range to Dublin that caters for centrefire rifles is the Midlands but you have to be a member to shoot there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Walker34

Thanks for reply Blay, do they have a website and where are they based.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 425 ✭✭Walker34

Found it......Tullamore.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,669 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

http://www.nationalshootingcentre.ie/

All their info is on there:)

• Registered Users Posts: 41 upandover

Take a look at the VCRAI website. There is a forum there where you will get plenty of info on shooting centrefire vintage rifles and I'm sure a warm welcome if you posted a query yourself

• Advertisement
Advertisement