Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hdip in Primary Education

Options
  • 09-08-2012 1:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi everyone,

I am a 26 year old male and I completed a B.A Degree in NUIG finishing in 2009 in History and Politics. Following this I decided to do some travelling, lived in London for almost 2 years, and currently I am living in Australia. it was always my intention to return to do my h dip but I am finding it difficult to research info from here.

I havnt got a great result in my degree but i have a b grade in higer irish in the leaving cert. Basically I am considering moving home to pursue my dream to be a primary school teacher. There are a few obstacles to this

1. Am I still eligible for a grant?
    2. How difficult is it to secure a place on one of the primary h dip courses? I have helped out in my local primary school as a sub the odd day etc
    3 If anyone has been to the UK studying maybe they could shed some light on how to about doing this?

Being so far from home I am finding it extremly difficult to get in touch with anyone from colleges etc,:confused: i know that most courses start in feb of next year?

Any bit of help at all would be very greatly appreciated

Thanks so much guys:)

Advertisement