Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice for New & Current Students

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭floutingmaxims

I'm doing Creative Writing for Digital Media and was wondering if that's based around the north or south campus? Want to know so i can try and sort accommodation relatively nearby. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4 sarahmac287

north campus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lady365

Where does the shuttle bus stop at for north campus? and how much does it cost

shuttle bus starts at kingcourt and goes around the town
    can be found here: http://www.kennedycoaches.com/ITT%20Coach%20timetable%2010-11%20rev.pdf

it cost 1.50 per trip. so prob 3.00 per day. other option is a bike!

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭DestructiveApe

Hey!

You have Coisceim right beside North Campus where the course is based. It's literally a minutes walk to the college!

There's Kerry Lee as well which is just down the road from the college but closer to the shops and town.

They would be the too closest accommodations.

• Registered Users Posts: 57 ✭✭katieg19

anyone know when orientation/registration and all that starts?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 sarahmac287

roughly one of the days of the second week of september everybody is telling me! we should get a pack out thursday about all the dates :)

awesome :) thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 HelenaRose

Does anyone know if it's worth buying a bike to get around?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 keeponclimbing

HelenaRose wrote: »
    Does anyone know if it's worth buying a bike to get around?

If you can't drive, then yes, I would definitely recommend it. There's a bus which is 3 euro up and down a day so you'd be saving yourself money if you bought a decent bike. Though cycling in the winter is a nightmare...your clothes get destroyed in the rain and mud haha

If you can't drive, then yes, I would definitely recommend it. There's a bus which is 3 euro up and down a day so you'd be saving yourself money if you bought a decent bike. Though cycling in the winter is a nightmare...your clothes get destroyed in the rain and mud haha

Thanks I'll definitely look into it! And does anyone know anything about registration? I accepted the offer on the 19th but haven't got any email or letter from Tralee!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭JFlah

Thanks I'll definitely look into it! And does anyone know anything about registration? I accepted the offer on the 19th but haven't got any email or letter from Tralee!

You should get a registration pack early next week . Orientation week begins on the 9th , classes commence the 16th

9th? :O Thats so close...should really contact my accommodation to let them know that I'm to be coming early then i stated on the booking form. :L

katieg19 wrote: »
    9th? :O Thats so close...should really contact my accommodation to let them know that I'm to be coming early then i stated on the booking form. :L
    Wait a little while different orientation schedules for different courses so you could be in much later in week.

oh ok cool :) thanks :)

oh ok cool :) thanks :)

No worries

Did you get your letter yet helenarose? I got mine on friday and they now have the stuff up about orientation and our medical note things at www.ittralee.ie/registration :)

Did you get your letter yet helenarose? I got mine on friday and they now have the stuff up about orientation and our medical note things at www.ittralee.ie/registration :)

Thanks katieg! Yeah I got mine friday too :) Thanks for the link I couldn't find it anywhere haha! How are you feeling about moving down?

katieg we'll have to buy so many things for the field trips!! I didn't realise it was going to be this physical haha hopefully my doctor will say I'm fit enough!

no problem :) hehe :) their webstie is so ridiculous! :)im kinda apprehensive about it but i put down the 13th as the day i hope to move in onmy booking form so i hope to god they let me go in early....ringing them later lol and yeah! so much stuff..going to leave a good bit of it until the course starts to see what we actually need to buy! spent 300 euro alone today getting stuff and im broke as it is so I'll see what the neccessities are!!! what about you? excited about moving etc? :)

ive booked the doctor thing wednesday...hope that goes ok too hahaha :L havent been training at all this summer :L

• Advertisement

no problem :) hehe :) their webstie is so ridiculous! :)im kinda apprehensive about it but i put down the 13th as the day i hope to move in onmy booking form so i hope to god they let me go in early....ringing them later lol and yeah! so much stuff..going to leave a good bit of it until the course starts to see what we actually need to buy! spent 300 euro alone today getting stuff and im broke as it is so I'll see what the neccessities are!!! what about you? excited about moving etc? :)

They should let you go down early! I was down as moving on the 12th but I rand and they had no problem with me going down on the 8th :) Yeah I think I'm gonna do the same tbh! I might buy a pair of boots and a raincoat and see what else they'll tell us...Yeah I'm excited but terrified at the same time! The back room is full with stuff I'm bringing I just hope it'll all fit in the car haha!

yeah, rang them earlier and it was grand! :) hehe...move day is saturday! Yeah, I have a pair of boots ive had for ages and stuff for skiing so i just bought a new coat and trousers and the compass and all that jazz. at least next week we only have monday and thursday to do stuff.

yeah, rang them earlier and it was grand! :) hehe...move day is saturday! Yeah, I have a pair of boots ive had for ages and stuff for skiing so i just bought a new coat and trousers and the compass and all that jazz. at least next week we only have monday and thursday to do stuff.

Yeah it's a good ease into the course! I hope freshers week will have some good nights too :)

yeah, havent heard much..im sure theyll have a good bit of stuff planned!:)

yeah, havent heard much..im sure theyll have a good bit of stuff planned!:)

Yeah I know someone who goes there and they said it's great craic :) I guess I'll see you down there so! :)

great! haha :) see you monday morning i guess!haha :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28 lady365

ive booked the doctor thing wednesday...hope that goes ok too hahaha :L havent been training at all this summer :L

why do ye have to go to doctor. sorry for being nosey! Best of luck next week.

lady365 wrote: »
    why do ye have to go to doctor. sorry for being nosey! Best of luck next week.

It's just an assessment to make sure you're fit enough for the course because apparently it involves some strenuous activity :)

• Registered Users Posts: 24 UsmanDar

can i just ask, has everyone here received their registration timetable for the 9th?

• Advertisement

UsmanDar wrote: »
    can i just ask, has everyone here received their registration timetable for the 9th?

Yeah, this is where you can get it. http://www.ittralee.ie/en/InformationFor/CurrentStudents/NewStudents/InformationforNewStudents/

Advertisement